Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Crosstreck Limited
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whoa! That seems like a lot for a single dealership! For the whole year, or just for the initial reservations?
Sorry, IDK. It is my local and (so far) very reliable and "positive experience" dealer. I had a casual conversation while I waited for the service.
Whoa! That seems like a lot for a single dealership! For the whole year, or just for the initial reservations?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sorry, IDK. It is my local and (so far) very reliable and "positive experience" dealer. I had a casual conversation while I waited for the service.
I'm taking our 2021 Outback in for service in 10 days, I'll have a chance to discuss allocations etc. with my sales dept. I know I'm their #1 reservation. The Sales Mgr went over to tell our Sales Associate that I had placed a reservation, and then he (the SA) sent me a screenshot from his computer. All within about an hour, followed by a welcome email from the SM.

·
103 Posts
Talked to my guy at Heuberger, said he thought they were getting 16. I thought they were one of the largest volume dealers in North America so that seems strangely low. In any case he said they were getting very little info from Subaru about the Solterra and asked I forward any communications I got from Subaru about my reservation.

·
Registered
350 Posts
6,000 vehicles for all of 2022 spread across some 600 dealerships = approx 10 per dealership, so 16 is 60% more than that.

The initial early reservation allocation is only 1,000 - from what I've read.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring, 2022 Kia Ev6
57 Posts
6,000 vehicles for all of 2022 spread across some 600 dealerships = approx 10 per dealership, so 16 is 60% more than that.

The initial early reservation allocation is only 1,000 - from what I've read.
I heard from my sales guy at Grand that 16 was the max. Then they were allocated 11.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are a few still available in the Southern Tier Region of NY and Northern PA according to the reservation site in case anyone in these areas are interested. Not sure what allocations look like around here though but I’m going in to the dealership tomorrow so they can appraise my trade in and I’ll ask.

UPDATE 2/24: I went in to talk to a sales consultant and the process for ordering definitely sounds like it’s something that SOA is taking the reins on because no one there knew exactly how it will work in regards to how they will send out notifications (I wonder if this the first car they are doing this reserve process for). He did say that full EV’s are being pushed out faster then hybrid and traditional cars so there is hope that they won’t be effected as much as other cars.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring, 2022 Kia Ev6
57 Posts
So, I just had a correspondence with the dealership I ordered from and the dealership i was contemplating ordering from with details that make me wonder about the roll out strategy. The allocations might be based on sound reasoning, but with the new info it's kind of interesting.

The dealership that I normally purchase from (due to typically great deals) was assuming that they would get 15 for the reservation period but only received 11. I'm wondering how many are on their waitlist as well.

The dealership I ended up reserving through received an allocation of 4. So, I'm one of the lucky ones apparently. I say that because, as of today, they have 17!! on their waitlist.

With dealerships in PA, NY and NJ all showing reservations as open, 17 people seem disproportionally high compared to the 4 that are in line for vehicles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dealership was allocated 18, and the person I spoke with about my reservation said there were hundreds (literally) on the official waitlist. After the Subaru company reservation system waitlist closed, they started a third waitlist – presumably run by the dealership themselves.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My dealership was allocated 18, and the person I spoke with about my reservation said there were hundreds (literally) on the official waitlist. After the Subaru company reservation system waitlist closed, they started a third waitlist – presumably run by the dealership themselves.
If Subaru wanted an indication of how desired BEVs are in its customer base, I think it got its answer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yikes.... this is good and bad. The good is Subaru knows there is demand and should ramp up production. The bad is the dealer can now justify markups - they have a waiting list of a hundred people and would be sure one of them would be willing to pay $5K to jump to the front of the line. It's RAV4 Prime all over again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been going the rounds with several dealerships and this is the latest for me...

Order Finally in with Toyota in Hawaii ($3k deposit) for the bZ4x
They won't confirm yet on my build date yet, but my estimate is the Beginning of June (from previous conversations), with a Delivery date of August 15th to September 6th. I'll confirm once they check inventory.

Order Finally in also for a Subaru Solterra ($500 deposit),
They obviously can't tell yet for a while on Build and Delivery, but they are predicting a Delivery date of somewhere between December and February.

Both of these dealerships have their own distributor with Servco, They DO NOT deal with Toyota USA or Subaru USA... therefore they plug in your Order and get it rolling as quick as they can, and do not rely on the allocation that Mainland USA is on. (Neither of them are marking above MSRP either).

PS: yes, its a bit of pain with the ordering from Hawaii, because I have to arrange for my own transportation to Mainland.

Ha ha! So we shall see who wins...
I also am on a Wait-List at Sunnyvale, CA Toyota for the bZ4x. They are predicting a LONG wait there too.
And I'm on the San Luis Obispo, CA Subaru for the Solterra. They say SUPER-LONG wait, well almost the same as the Hawaii one, which is by around February. Although at least the Hawaii one, I have an official order in. (Picked, Color, Interior Color and Trim-level... not a wait-list).

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've been going the rounds with several dealerships and this is the latest for me...

Order Finally in with Toyota in Hawaii ($3k deposit) for the bZ4x
They won't confirm yet on my build date yet, but my estimate is the Beginning of June (from previous conversations), with a Delivery date of August 15th to September 6th. I'll confirm once they check inventory.

Order Finally in also for a Subaru Solterra ($500 deposit),
They obviously can't tell yet for a while on Build and Delivery, but they are predicting a Delivery date of somewhere between December and February.

Both of these dealerships have their own distributor with Servco, They DO NOT deal with Toyota USA or Subaru USA... therefore they plug in your Order and get it rolling as quick as they can, and do not rely on the allocation that Mainland USA is on. (Neither of them are marking above MSRP either).

PS: yes, its a bit of pain with the ordering from Hawaii, because I have to arrange for my own transportation to Mainland.

Ha ha! So we shall see who wins...
I also am on a Wait-List at Sunnyvale, CA Toyota for the bZ4x. They are predicting a LONG wait there too.
And I'm on the San Luis Obispo, CA Subaru for the Solterra. They say SUPER-LONG wait, well almost the same as the Hawaii one, which is by around February. Although at least the Hawaii one, I have an official order in. (Picked, Color, Interior Color and Trim-level... not a wait-list).
You have to be the most determined person I’ve met when it comes to getting a new EV for a good price, although shipping from HI to the mainland sounds expensive. My hat is off to you! :cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
You have to be the most determined person I’ve met when it comes to getting a new EV for a good price, although shipping from HI to the mainland sounds expensive. My hat is off to you! :cool:
If I go directly with the Shipping company Matson, they quoted $870 to ship it from Honolulu to Long Beach (port to port). That's not to bad, I think :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts