Subaru Solterra Forum banner
81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Administrator
188 Posts
For the record, I am concerned about the switch to lug bolts... I dealt with them on my old `89 VW GTI... Wasn't a fan then, not one now.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·

·
Registered
593 Posts
Luckily (for Subaru) people who haven't yet taken delivery of a car they're not allowed to sell weren't eligible to participate in this survey.
I dare say most people who ordered a Solterra are already highly satisfied Subaru customers. That's why they ordered a Solterra knowing it was something brand new to Subaru that would probably have teething pains. The many fiercely loyal customers who stick with their Solterra orders to delivery will form a part of Subaru's establishment in the electric realm, and are expecting they'll upgrade to their second Subaru EV a few years from now.

With tongue in cheek, I told my friends the EV I ordered charges slower than almost anything on earth on a charging station network that is completely unreliable, the range is not good, and the wheels fall off. Challenge accepted! ✨⚡

·
Registered
09 Forester/19 Crosstrek
29 Posts
I dare say most people who ordered a Solterra are already highly satisfied Subaru customers. That's why they ordered a Solterra knowing it was something brand new to Subaru that would probably have teething pains. The many fiercely loyal customers who stick with their Solterra orders to delivery will form a part of Subaru's establishment in the electric realm, and are expecting they'll upgrade to their second Subaru EV a few years from now.

With tongue in cheek, I told my friends the EV I ordered charges slower than almost anything on earth on a charging station network that is completely unreliable, the range is not good, and the wheels fall off. Challenge accepted! ✨⚡

That's too funny. All my coworkers and brother point out all the short comings of the Solterra and say things like get a Tesla or get a Mach E. Or my favorite, so did your imaginary electric subaru come in yet? Just remember, Love Is Now Electric. I'm not going to another brand and I'm not going to the end of some else's line or back order list. I just hope Subaru will throw in a little something for the now seemingly few loyalist left since so many are jumping ship. I never thought any Subaru fans would be more cut throat than WRX STi fans. Welcome to the Solterra forum my friends. All I can do is wait.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Exactly which Solterra customer was sold a car that had a wheel problem?
Exactly which Solterra customer was sold a car that had a wheel problem?
Just give it up, man.
You’re splitting hairs. If you want to go that route, there are people that have a sold order for a Solterra, which is the same car as a bz4x.

If the wheels MAY fall off the bz4x, they also MAY fall off the car that shares 99% or whatever of components, is not only made in the same plant but on the same production line.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Just give it up, man.
You’re splitting hairs. If you want to go that route, there are people that have a sold order for a Solterra, which is the same car as a bz4x.

If the wheels MAY fall off the bz4x, they also MAY fall off the car that shares 99% or whatever of components, is not only made in the same plant but on the same production line.
The point was that it's a "customer" satisfaction survey. So, since there are no Solterra customers, it's not applicable to them. So, no Solterra customer has had a wheel problem, if for no other reason than Subaru did not put a defective product in their hands. And no one can honestly say Solterra wheels are falling off. But even I have said so in jest to emphasize the challenge.⚡

·
Registered
35 Posts
With the announcement of Chevrolet Equinox EV today, damn the Solterra look even more obsolete :S
  • Range from 250 or 300 miles FWD, 280 miles eAWD
  • Standard 11.5 kW Level 2 (AC) charging7, which can add up to 34 miles of range per hour of charging
  • 19.2 kW Level 2 (AC) charging8 is available on 3RS eAWD, which can add up to 51 miles of range per hour of charging
  • Standard DC fast-charging capability of up to 150 kW, which enables approximately 70 miles of range to be added in 10 minutes

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah, now I'm really deciding between the equinox and the blazer. I'm not cancelling Solterra yet, but it's very unlikely that I will get it. The Chevy's can't do any off-roading but I really don't do that anyway. I just would have liked the higher ground clearance just to have it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
With the announcement of Chevrolet Equinox EV today, damn the Solterra look even more obsolete :S
  • Range from 250 or 300 miles FWD, 280 miles eAWD
  • Standard 11.5 kW Level 2 (AC) charging7, which can add up to 34 miles of range per hour of charging
  • 19.2 kW Level 2 (AC) charging8 is available on 3RS eAWD, which can add up to 51 miles of range per hour of charging
  • Standard DC fast-charging capability of up to 150 kW, which enables approximately 70 miles of range to be added in 10 minutes

Those are the specs that the Solterra should have.

81 - 100 of 124 Posts