Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep reading that the Solterra has advanced adaptive cruise control with "lane change assist." But, I haven't found specifically what it does to assist you to change lanes while in adaptive cruise. Anybody know?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you seen "lane change assist" or "lane keep assist"? I've not heard of the former in the Solterra/bZ4X, but they definitely have the latter.
On any Subaru dealer site, search Solterra, and a link to the Solterra page includes:

"EyeSight Driver Assist Technology
The 2023 Solterra features standard EyeSight Driver Assist Technology[104], which monitors traffic movement, optimizes cruise control, and warns you when you're swaying outside your lane. The automatic Pre-Collision Braking[113] feature can apply full braking force and bring you to a complete stop in emergency situations. Advanced Adaptive Cruise Control with Lane Change Assist[116] can take some of the stress out of driving by helping with steering, braking, and throttle control - both in daily traffic and on long road trips."

And there's no explanation of "Lane Change Assist." There's also a Solterra book at the Dealer entitled "The Playbook" that mentions Lane Change Assist and it has no explanation.

·
Registered
144 Posts
On any Subaru dealer site, search Solterra, and a link to the Solterra page includes:

The 2023 Solterra features standard EyeSight Driver Assist Technology[104], which monitors traffic movement, optimizes cruise control, and warns you when you're swaying outside your lane. The automatic Pre-Collision Braking[113] feature can apply full braking force and bring you to a complete stop in emergency situations. Advanced Adaptive Cruise Control with Lane Change Assist[116] can take some of the stress out of driving by helping with steering, braking, and throttle control - both in daily traffic and on long road trips."

And there's no explanation of "Lane Change Assist." There's also a Solterra book at the Dealer entitled "The Playbook" that mentions Lane Change Assist and it has no explanation.
Have you seen "lane change assist" or "lane keep assist"? I've not heard of the former in the Solterra/bZ4X, but they definitely have the latter.
”Another feature of this system, Lane Change Assist, alerts you with a flashing indicator in each side mirror if it senses a vehicle approaching in a neighboring lane while you signal for a lane change.”

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
”Another feature of this system, Lane Change Assist, alerts you with a flashing indicator in each side mirror if it senses a vehicle approaching in a neighboring lane while you signal for a lane change.”

Ah, ok thanks! But that sounds more like blind spot monitoring. I guess the blinking adds more urgency when you're turn signal is on.

·
103 Posts

Sounds like the same features of the Eyesight in my 2015 Impreza Sport Limited. My wife's 2017 Outback had some sort of lane assist, I think it kind of steered you back into the lane. We tried it out a few times, it had to be manually turned on to work, but I don't think we've used it since then.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ah, ok thanks! But that sounds more like blind spot monitoring. I guess the blinking adds more urgency when you're turn signal is on.
I have to agree, that explanation was more about "Blind Spot Monitoring"

I haven't been able to find any site, Toyota or Subaru, that is giving more details at this time. Although, I do know that Toyota has been testing "Lane change assist", in this manner: Adaptive cruise control will sense how fast the car in front of you is going, if it slows well below the speed limit and the limit you set in your cruise control, it will check the lane next to you for traffic, alert you that it is safe, and will actually start a lane change on its own and pass the car that was going slower. ... Also, if you have a destination set in your navigation system and you have an exit coming up, it will sense how much time it will take to get over and then get off at that exit.

If the Solterra actually comes with this, holy cow, that's amazing, tech coming out faster than I thought. (to bad, i haven't seen the bZ4x advertise this title/setting, has anyone else seen it?)

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have to agree, that explanation was more about "Blind Spot Monitoring"

I haven't been able to find any site, Toyota or Subaru, that is giving more details at this time. Although, I do know that Toyota has been testing "Lane change assist", in this manner: Adaptive cruise control will sense how fast the car in front of you is going, if it slows well below the speed limit and the limit you set in your cruise control, it will check the lane next to you for traffic, alert you that it is safe, and will actually start a lane change on its own and pass the car that was going slower. ... Also, if you have a destination set in your navigation system and you have an exit coming up, it will sense how much time it will take to get over and then get off at that exit.

If the Solterra actually comes with this, holy cow, that's amazing, tech coming out faster than I thought. (to bad, i haven't seen the bZ4x advertise this title/setting, has anyone else seen it?)
I found that information on the Subaru site. It’s from their current Eye Sight documentation.

It’s possible the Solterra version of Lane Change Assist will work differently than the current version for other models.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts