Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just saw this news article and it indicates Toyota says they do not have a fix yet ?

Perhaps it’s time Subaru gives us early adopters some additional value for free such as an extended warranty for free

Actually, this is fairly old news… we’re all still waiting to see how this plays out, but until a fix is identified and in the works, there really no sense in Subaru doing anything, IMO.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I realize the wheel issue is old news
But I had never heard of Toyota offering to buy back the vehicles or including an extended warranty
Toyota call center told owners about 9-10 days ago to expect something in the mail. Dealers already had copies of the buy back letter and it started circulating about a week ago. First customers received the packets on Monday. Spread to Reddit and news organizations slowly picked up on it until Thursday/Friday. At that point, an avalanche of articles from many countries ran stories on it, which is probably why you just saw it. Much more activity on the BZ4X forums than this one because no Solterras had made it to customers hands.

·
Super Moderator
164 Posts
I realize the wheel issue is old news
But I had never heard of Toyota offering to buy back the vehicles or including an extended warranty
Its because of lemon laws. Smart move of toyota to get ahead of potential law suits related to lemon laws in certain states like California. That's why the buy back is offered. If the time period for the car to qualify for the lemon law was like 6 months, toyota wouldn't be offering a buyback.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts