Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I almost didn’t go thru with the purchase of my Solterra Touring edition due to a number of factors, but tonight I am satisfied with my decision to push forward.

I did extensive research on other models and decided that the feature set was not available in this price range on any other models.

I live in the mountains, and Subaru AWD/X-Drive is important. I previously drove a Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid, but my 100 mile drive on commute days was not really effective in the plug-in.

My first drive was 45 miles beginning in city traffic for about 20 miles, then climbing a winding mountain highway (that is where you really enjoy a Subaru). Somewhere around mile 22 my Solterra was as familiar as an old friend. Around mile 44, I wanted to keep driving past my turn to home—just to see where the road would go.

Quiet, comfortable, intuitive, responsive, and, dare I say, beautifully designed.
My husband called my Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid a ‘golf cart’…he calls the Solterra a ‘limousine’.

The Solterra app doesn’t do much more than the old Starlink app I used for the hybrid, but it does tell you your battery status and it works on the Apple Watch.

I haven’t had to charge my new Baby yet, so I’m reading up before I plug-in to my Level 2 charger (one of my best investments). Our Autel charger worked well on the Crosstrek, so I don’t have many concerns here.

My display still indicates 208 miles left, 67% battery, following my 45 mile drive home—which was uphill for 20 miles and included the use of wipers, lights, seat warmer, and eco A/C.

Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Cloud

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The two tone leather. Similar to what I had on my Crosstrek. With the lighter color, it looks super bright and roomy.

Note: I did not want black, summer and shorts season are brutal with black leather. That is a no bueno.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum @ausmjo. What are your thoughts on build quality?
Pretty solid. I haven’t done much off road—although we have severe potholes at the entrance to our neighborhood and we picked up a friend of our daughter’s tonight down a dirt driveway.

No weird rattles, no wind whistles, very little road noise. All doors, windows, compartments, and visible physical spaces are solid.

The multi-media software and display is taking a little patience. I’m getting all the customization settled today (Day 2). Tomorrow I will setup hubby’s profile for Solterra Connect and probably charge it.

The user manuals are worth the read—especially with theTouring model. There are so many features (both convenience and safety).

Can’t wait for a grocery run tomorrow…and now I have a reason to drive to work!

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome @ausmjo and congrats on getting your Solterra! Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far. Which other EVs were you looking at before going with the Solterra?
The Fisker Ocean, Tesla Model Y, the Toyota version, the VW ID.6, the Volvo, the Kia, and a couple of plugins in the same group.

Plugins are currently impossible in Washington State (I bought my previous car in Oregon, but dealerships closed that loophole).

it is really frustrating to have cars on the market that have the same name as an AWD gas version, but the EV is 2WD only—WTH!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts