Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2021 Ascent Limited; 2023 Bolt EUV Premier w/S&S, SC
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spoke with my insurance agent because my Solterra arrived at my Subaru Retailer today. He informed me that coverage with a $500 deductible would be $2,383 per year! For reference, my 2023 Chevy Bolt EUV costs $625 per year. and my 2021 Ascent Limited is $596. This is with Erie Insurance, so maybe other carriers are different. According to my agent, it's relatively common on new vehicles for the premium to be higher since the insurance company doesn't know how much it will cost to repair them.

As a side note, when I gave him the VIN, it came up as a bZ4X in his system. I doubt that affected the premium, but I suppose it could make some difference. I know that initially, the FWD bZ4X had one VIN combination and the AWD bZ4X and Solterra shared another combination, but I thought that the issue was resolved by moving the AWD bZ4X to a different combination. Toyota has even been sending those AWD bZ4X owners a letter (and maybe even a sticker) that can be used as proof that it's a Genuine Toyota vehicle. Guess it's not all worked out yet!

· Registered
409 Posts
That has not been my experience with State Farm. The rate I paid was very much in-line with what I would be paying for a new Forester Touring. My yearly premium (full coverage with higher $$$ amounts on liability and $500 deductible) runs $710/year, but I have other vehicles and my home covered by State Farm as well.

I highly recommend shopping your coverage!

· Super Moderator
2023 Subaru Solterra with Technology Package, Platinum White with Two-Tone Black Roof
416 Posts
That has not been my experience with State Farm. The rate I paid was very much in-line with what I would be paying for a new Forester Touring. My yearly premium (full coverage with higher $$$ amounts on liability and $500 deductible) runs $710/year, but I have other vehicles and my home covered by State Farm as well.

Yeah I agree with this. Shop around.

I know my situation will be different (In Canada), but for reference, my Solterra will be about $55 cheaper per year than my current 21 Honda Ridgeline.

· Registered
2021 Ascent Limited; 2023 Bolt EUV Premier w/S&S, SC
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I know my situation will be different (In Canada), but for reference, my Solterra will be about $55 cheaper per year than my current 21 Honda Ridgeline.
That's good to know! We've been very happy with Erie and have had a few claims (never at fault) and they've been great to work with. Will have to shop around.

· Registered
186 Posts

Yeah mine should be a bit cheaper too, so I took 3 months about a month ago as I knew I would have the Solterra by the time it ran out. We get a bit of a break because the cars are so safe, and my savings should be similar.

· Super Moderator
1,236 Posts

Likewise. My quote from State Farm is $748/year ($250 deductible, 1 other car + 5 other policies with the same company). Just about $72 more per year than our 2019 BMW i3, $96 more than our 2021 Outback.

Definitely shop around for a better rate!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts