• No.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I'm about to bust...

Votes: 7 30.4%
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
favorite trailhead on some rougher Forest Service roads. An Audi probably would but I am retired and will not get the full value of the Federal credit unless they convert it. Oregon does have a great credit too - but I wanted both. :)
I am not a tax accountant, so don't take my advice without doing your own research. If you don't think you'll have enough of a tax liability in 2022 to get the full tax credit, if you have retirement accounts, you may be able to withdraw enough money to generate the full $7,500 liability for the year, thus getting you the full tax credit and also reducing your tax liability for future years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am not a tax accountant, so don't take my advice without doing your own research. If you don't think you'll have enough of a tax liability in 2022 to get the full tax credit, if you have retirement accounts, you may be able to withdraw enough money to generate the full $7,500 liability for the year, thus getting you the full tax credit and also reducing your tax liability for future years.
Yes, I could do that, but it doesn't pack quite the same punch as a credit to regular income, especially if the idea was to save money on the extra cost of the EV. If I got both the Fed and my state, I could probably just trade my Crosstrek Sport for a Solterra with no extra cash, given the premium the recent used Crosstreks are getting. Unfortunately the Fed system requires a decent income while a chunk of Oregon's is means tested. I shouldn't complain though. All of the Oregon rebate plus a bit of the Fed will add up to prob. $10K.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maybe. But you NEED an EV!!
If I really needed one that bad, it wouldn't be a Solterra because the wait will be so long. Mustangs and Ioniq 5s would be much quicker, but under 6" ground clearance will just not do it for me. I don't expect to actually own for for at least a year, maybe longer. I want the right EV for me and I also prefer not to be a guinea pig with the first one.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts