Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

google translate:

"In particular, sales of exclusive electric vehicles such as Hyundai Motor's Ioniq 5 and Kia EV6 accounted for a third of the total with 4,680 units. The sales of the Ioniq 5 started in December last year with 153 units in the US, followed by 989 units in January of this year and 2555 units in February. As soon as the Kia EV6 started selling last month, 2,125 units were sold. "

--

With sales of 2555 Ioniq 5 cars in Feb, that's nearly half of Subaru's allocation of Solterra cars for the year. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for Hyundai and Kia to sell out of their EVs.

(In other news, on 21-Feb, an EV6 burst into flames after colliding with a concrete barrier in Budapest.)

·
Registered
Vancouver, 2018 Crosstrek Limited
285 Posts
I have 2 cars, a 2018 Crosstrek and a 2019 Kona EV. I have a pre-order in for an Ioniq 5 and a pre-order for a Solterra. So I advertised my Kona EV for sale to see what it is worth. Several offers now, the highest actually is from a dealer, $4000 more than I paid for it 3 years ago!! BUT the wife not happy to go down to 1 car, while we wait for one of our new car pre-orders (could be late this year or next year). And with gas prices going crazy now too, esp here in Vancouver, over $2 a litre now.

Unlike the US, dealers can't sell above MSRP here, and all EV stock sold out now, with pre-orders going into 2023, esp for the Hyundai cars.

·
Registered
Vancouver, 2018 Crosstrek Limited
285 Posts
Also, when I talked to the Subaru dealer where I put in the Solterra pre-order, he also did an appraisal of my 2018 Crosstrek. He said they would pay me 30K for it right now, cash, without a trade-in. That is also the same price I paid for it brand new 4 years ago, when they were actually giving discounts off MSRP. The Crosstrek is also sold out into 2023. And apparently my Cool Grey Khaki colour and LTD trim, is the most desirable, according to this dealer.

Yes, used cars are crazy. Have a friend that needs to buy a new outboard motor (large Honada one), and his Honda dealer said they haven't got any new ones in for about a year now. So he is frantically trying to find a decent used one, which are also very rare. His old one is shot, and doesn't trust it anymore when going fishing out in the chuck here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.