Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been tracking the ratio of estimated miles when changing between HVAC being On vs Off. With temps from 35F to 60F, I'm consistently seeing "HVAC On" reporting 75 to 80 percent the miles of "HVAC Off". There seems to be no meaningful correlation between where in that 5% range and either how full the battery is or the ambient temp. The temps haven't varied much since I started tracking, though.

Curious if it changes with the rumored software update.

· Registered
186 Posts
Well so far, at around 40F, I have been keeping the heater off, as range is much more that way. I really like the cool cabin and heated seat and wheel though, so I'm going with that til it gets much colder.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well so far, at around 40F, I have been keeping the heater off, as range is much more that way. I really like the cool cabin and heated seat and wheel though, so I'm going with that til it gets much colder.
I'd love to know how the estimated range and actual distance traveled match up with HVAC off.

In some ad hoc checking at about 70mph on the highway, the estimated and real ranges seemed to line up pretty well with HVAC on - albeit in that 40-60F range. With HVAC off, the estimated range seemed to drop faster than miles driven.

I'm contemplating collecting that data soon.

· Registered
Vancouver, BC 2023 Solterra Tech Pkg
480 Posts
I'd love to know how the estimated range and actual distance traveled match up with HVAC off.

In some ad hoc checking at about 70mph on the highway, the estimated and real ranges seemed to line up pretty well with HVAC on - albeit in that 40-60F range. With HVAC off, the estimated range seemed to drop faster than miles driven.

I'm contemplating collecting that data soon.
I think it will be a while before we get good, consistent, rerliable anecdotal data with that. There are so many variables to consider, incl weather, tires, driving style and how long it takes for the car to calibrate range estimates based on past driving. But I do look forward to everyone's reported experiences.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts