Subaru Solterra Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello all. Newbie on the site. Like many of you, I'm on a waiting list for the Solterra (since November 2021 in my case with a dealer in Quebec). Always digging for new details on the car. Here's one that may be of interest for some of you about the heating system in the BZ4X/Solterra: Electric radiant heat for EV cabin comfort
The solterra does not have the radiant heat feature. Only the Toyota. Yet we still have no glove box.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh sorry. I thought the Solterra was also equiped with the radiant system. If so, seems a weird decision from Subaru by the fact they will sell the Solterra in northern countries like here in Canada and northwest Europe....

·
Registered
436 Posts
Oh sorry. I thought the Solterra was also equiped with the radiant system. If so, seems a weird decision from Subaru by the fact they will sell the Solterra in northern countries like here in Canada and northwest Europe....
They picked the options/features they felt were the most important, consistent with keeping the price tag under a certain target. Some Subaru features/options aren't available on the Toyota. But I agree, this one does seem a natural for cold climates.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Toyota wanted that to be an exclusive feature on their vehicles. Same with the Solterra having "the most ground clearance" at 8.3" compared to 8.1" for the bZ4X.

I wish Subaru would have at least added a little ledge there for a phone, wallet, or snack. That's one of the most useful features of our Ascent.

·
Registered
129 Posts
At least on US-spec Solterras, there is no radiant heat on any trim.

Here's random bZ4X from a market in which they ship radiant heat, compare that to the US-spec models, which don't have those touch areas. For Canadian Solterra models, I don't think we've seen any definitive pictures.

Does the Subara Canada site mention radiant heat?

I sure wish it was on the US-spec Solterra I am trying to order, even on the temperate California central coast. But I'll never trade Advanced Park for radiant heat.

bZ4X:

Car Gear shift Vehicle Plant Automotive design

·
Registered
109 Posts
^I have not seen this radient heated listed in any EU Solterra neither.

Quote from this article: "Radiant Heating System, which warms the passengers lower body, only for bZ4X"

·
Registered
129 Posts
Solterra has a few other features that the Toyota doesn't have, such as fog lights, capacitive wheel, power mode, memory driver's seat, and digital rear-view mirror.
This (translated) web page Solterra review:

In fact, the radiant heater installed in the bZ4X is not installed in Solterra, but instead, measures such as expanding the range of seat heater adoption to the side support part have been taken. At Subaru, "The position where the radiant heater can be attached is high, and only the knees and thighs are warm. Normally, I want to warm the area around the lower ankle," so I said that I did not use it at the position adopted by the bZ4X. .. The difference in ideas around here is also an interesting part.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hello all. Newbie on the site. Like many of you, I'm on a waiting list for the Solterra (since November 2021 in my case with a dealer in Quebec). Always digging for new details on the car. Here's one that may be of interest for some of you about the heating system in the BZ4X/Solterra: Electric radiant heat for EV cabin comfort
Welcome to the forum @EBR! Which Solterra spec are you looking to get?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts