Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't like the Light Blue of the Crosstrek. I never had the chance to see in real the Harbour Mist color on the Solterra. Depending on the photo,the Solterra color is sometime light blue or dark blue. Is it in final the same color on both cars?
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Plant

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Plant

·
Super Moderator
833 Posts
I've never seen one outdoors. Only under artificial lights at an indoor auto show. How it looked depended on what was going on with the lighting. I'm anxious to see it under natural lighting. All the outdoor photos I've seen are more like your 1st and 4th pictures.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think the Harbor Mist is the dark blue gray in the first two photos. The lighter blue is a Crosstrek color called Lagoon Blue Pearl. It looks like they painted some early demo vehicles in that color, then decided not to offer it on regular production vehicles, at least in the US.

Every paint swatch or on-line color chart I have seen matches the darker color, i.e., Harbor Mist.

·
Super Moderator
833 Posts
I think the Harbor Mist is the dark blue gray in the first two photos. The lighter blue is a Crosstrek color called Lagoon Blue Pearl. It looks like they painted some early demo vehicles in that color, then decided not to offer it on regular production vehicles, at least in the US.

Every paint swatch or on-line color chart I have seen matches the darker color, i.e., Harbor Mist.
The first, third and fourth pictures (the Solterras) are the same color, but the third is under very bright artificial lighting.

The Crosstrek is a different color, as @CTValleySubaruGuy observed.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm gonna say that the 3rd picture above, despite being a Solterra, is NOT Harbour Mist. No conceivable application of artificial lighting could make it look that different. As I said before, they probably painted some of the pre-production models in colors that they decided not to send to production.

·
Registered
Vancouver, 2018 Crosstrek Limited
333 Posts
I saw the Harbour Mist in person last week, and it is not as blue as the Cool Grey Khaki Crosstrek, and has more grey in it. I thought it looked really good actually. The Smoked Carbon looked pretty good, too, more dark than grey.

·
Super Moderator
833 Posts
I'm gonna say that the 3rd picture above, despite being a Solterra, is NOT Harbour Mist. No conceivable application of artificial lighting could make it look that different. As I said before, they probably painted some of the pre-production models in colors that they decided not to send to production.
Beg to differ, but I have pictures of the HMG Solterra at the NYC Auto Show that look exactly like the third picture under some of the lighting schemes they were using, and other pictures of the same car that look exactly like the 4th picture. I posted a 4-way collage here earlier, I'll see if I can find it.

·
Super Moderator
833 Posts
Beg to differ, but I have pictures of the HMG Solterra at the NYC Auto Show that look exactly like the third picture under some of the lighting schemes they were using, and other pictures of the same car that look exactly like the 4th picture. I posted a 4-way collage here earlier, I'll see if I can find it.
Pictures of the exact same car under different lighting at NYC.

Car Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw the Harbour Mist in person last week, and it is not as blue as the Cool Grey Khaki Crosstrek, and has more grey in it. I thought it looked really good actually. The Smoked Carbon looked pretty good, too, more dark than grey.
If the Solterra is more greyish than the Crosstrek, then it's good for me. Funny to see how this chameleon harbor mist is changing depending on the environment...

·
Registered
111 Posts

Harbor Mist is the Solterra (all pics). Cool Gray Khaki is the Crosstrek.

I had Lagoon Blue Pearl. It is/was only available on the PHEV:
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: JayEM

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well, that's worrisome. I like the muted bluish gray color. The robin's-egg blue is a non-starter for me. That would be the one case that would make me decline my vehicle on arrival.
Here is it in real sunlight. Ryan, while corny at times, has been a Subaru specific journalist since the early 2000s (Subiesport magazine).

Reactions: Ducatista
1 - 20 of 33 Posts