To switch to N: Hold down the dial shifter and hold it for a while.
To switch to R or D: Hold down the dial shifter and turn left or right according to the arrow on the shift position indicator.
To switch to P: Press the P button.
Ensure that the brake pedal is being depressed and the vehicle is stationary when shifting position.
You can also set the parking brake to automatically operate with the shift lever (from the Solterra Owner's Manual):
Turning the automatic mode on
While the vehicle is stopped, pull and hold the parking brake switch until a buzzer sounds and a message is shown on the multi-information display.
When the automatic mode is turned on, the parking brake operates as follows.
● When the shift position is shifted from P, the parking brake will be released, and the parking brake indicator light will turn off.
● When the shift position is shifted to P, the parking brake will be set, and the parking brake indicator light will turn on.
Parking brake automatic lock function
The parking brake will be set automatically under the following conditions:
● The brake pedal is not depressed
● The driver’s door is open
● The driver’s seat belt is not fas- tened
● The shift position is in a position other than P or N
(The shift position is in P during advanced park operation.) (If equipped)
● The malfunction indicator lamp or brake system warning light are not illuminated
After seeing the demonstration, operating the shifter makes sense now. Seems the issue that the TikToker has is the labels on the console. Can't put whole sentences of text on the housing around the knob. Now a demonstration video on the touchscreen panel... that'd be cool.