Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
09 Forester/19 Crosstrek
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls! I just want to share some information with you about the Solterra. First of all don't crucify me. I'm just relaying some news since Toyota and Subaru keeps us in the dark. I received an email from my salesman after telling him I was seriously considering canceling my Solterra purchase and reservation. My salesman states that management and any sales associate who still had Solterra orders to attend a meeting. Here is the section of my salesmans email he sent me:

Still no word on Solterra release. Toyota did tell its dealer group that it has a fix and is testing it as we speak. The only Solterras built were the test cars and we are still not clear on the exact issue. On the Japenese Toyota site the picture of the recall mentions the bolts themselves are the issue, my Japanese is a little rusty :)

Bob Waite
Northend Subaru

https://toyota.jp/recall/2022/drawing/0623.html ;

One thing I know is Subaru won't release there product until its a 100%. I still think its worth the wait.

Just to let you guys know, Bob is an old school old timer who is reliable and I've been dealing with him for over 15 years and several Subarus. My alternative to the Solterra is a 2023 Outback XT which Bob can get me much sooner than a Solterra. I'm really trying to hold out. I hope this news is helpful. Please comment and give your opinion. Are there any people left that are still interested?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't see anybody delivering an EV in days or even weeks. No one in SE CT has anything in stock, no matter what brand you chose.

I'm happy to hold out for my Solterra. 6500 cars is only a couple of week's production (total Prius production is something like 1500 units a DAY, but that's across several factories; I would expect that any cars (Solterras or Buzzforks) already produced would be retrofitted and delivered ASAP. Once they get the fix in and tested, I think things will move fairly quickly.

·
Registered
09 Forester/19 Crosstrek
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would have picked red if they allowed a non black interior. I’ve had 6+ red cars but I have a strong disdain for black interiors.

Red is a pretty rare color for EVs. Most pick white, silver, grey, black, blue first lol.
I hear you. I wanted the Red with the orangish light brown or orangish camel interior they are offering in Japan. If you google Subaru Solterra in snow you'll see it. It really looks luxurious.

·
Registered
09 Forester/19 Crosstrek
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure if you guys are part of the Facebook group for BZ4X & Solterra.
Pictures in California port
Does anyone have any eyes on the Richmond California shipping port equivalent in New Jersey or New York? I'm sure it's packed with Solterras and buzzforks over there as well. New Jersey and New York is where 90% of vehicles come in to the country for the north east.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Does anyone have any eyes on the Richmond California shipping port equivalent in New Jersey or New York? I'm sure it's packed with Solterras and buzzforks over there as well. New Jersey and New York is where 90% of vehicles come in to the country for the north east.
I would love to see the Port of New York photos as well. My bZ4X has been there since July 18th. :cry:

I've not found a webcam that points in that direction (even though there are many public webcams in the NY port area - mostly water shots though).

·
Super Moderator
164 Posts
But would cars coming from Japan really go to NY? Wouldn’t they go to California and trained across the US?

·
Registered
162 Posts
But would cars coming from Japan really go to NY? Wouldn’t they go to California and trained across the US?
Yes to New York. Mine (bZ4X) arrived in the Port of New York on July 18th. I tracked the ship and have photos of the ship entering and leaving the Panama canal and also entering the New York Harbor. Earlier this year, the West coast ports were so backed up that many ships (all kinds of cargo) went to the East coast ports and used trains to haul to the West coast. Toyota's ships have always used the Port of New York, Port of Jacksonville (and maybe another) to get cars to the East coast.

:D

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes to New York. Mine (bZ4X) arrived in the Port of New York on July 18th. I tracked the ship and have photos of the ship entering and leaving the Panama canal and also entering the New York Harbor. Earlier this year, the West coast ports were so backed up that many ships (all kinds of cargo) went to the East coast ports and used trains to haul to the West coast. Toyota's ships have always used the Port of New York, Port of Jacksonville (and maybe another) to get cars to the East coast.

:D
Yup my two RAV4 Primes landed in Jacksonville. A big reason is Southeast Toyota is “based” in Jacksonville and performs their port installations there. They are the biggest distributor in the US.

·
Registered
09 Forester/19 Crosstrek
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would love to see the Port of New York photos as well. My bZ4X has been there since July 18th. :cry:

I've not found a webcam that points in that direction (even though there are many public webcams in the NY port area - mostly water shots though).
Damn that sucks. I'm pretty sure my Red 2 tone Touring Solterra is at the Jersey or New York port. Probably been there since early June. Subaru and Toyota need to knock some money off when they finallymake it to the dealership. These vehicles are deteriorating just sitting for so long. I hope there's no chewed wires or wasp or hornet nest.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Damn that sucks. I'm pretty sure my Red 2 tone Touring Solterra is at the Jersey or New York port. Probably been there since early June. Subaru and Toyota need to knock some money off when they finallymake it to the dealership. These vehicles are deteriorating just sitting for so long. I hope there's no chewed wires or wasp or hornet nest.
Good luck with getting money off. I along with several others at the bZ4X forum have been in constant contact with the bZ4X Toyota Team (set up just for this) and they are at the point of basically saying 'tough crap'.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts