Subaru Solterra Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Earlier, some people on this forum indicated that a delivery date of June 2022 was possible. It seems like most people are now saying the earliest they are being told their Solterra will arrive is August. Just curious if anyone has been told theirs will arrive earlier than August? I was told our Touring will arrive in October. :cry:

FYI, it appears that the Toyota BZ4Xs have already started arriving.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was just able to reserve an unreserved incoming Solterra Touring at my local dealer. Expected delivery is early July.
I think your dealer might be a tad too optimistic for a July delivery. Our factory order confirmation was May 26. The factory has not even started to build it yet.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Maybe. It’s not dealer optimism. I have a VIN, a build date and estimated delivery date printout from Subaru.
My sales guy told me today that their demo car, expected in July, now has a build date of June 18 (that was before Toyota announced the 2-week production line shutdown, starting June 17). He did not mention that they knew the VIN, and I didn't ask.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My sales guy told me today that their demo car, expected in July, now has a build date of June 18 (that was before Toyota announced the 2-week production line shutdown, starting June 17). He did not mention that they knew the VIN, and I didn't ask.
I’ll be honest - a lot of this feels like conjecture for all of us. I hope my paper from Subaru dealer is accurate but would not be surprised if it isn’t.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I’ll be honest - a lot of this feels like conjecture for all of us. I hope my paper from Subaru dealer is accurate but would not be surprised if it isn’t.
I'm curious, would you mind sharing the last 4 digits of your VIN? I'm guessing those are the sequence numbers...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maybe. It’s not dealer optimism. I have a VIN, a build date and estimated delivery date printout from Subaru.
That is very good news! We are hopeful we get our confirmation VIN soon. Our dealer is selling MSRP with no added dealer markup. Touring, Harbor Grey Mist Pearl.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Can you confirm that your VIN structure matches:

JTMABABAXPAnnnnnn

Where X is the check digit (varies, computed based on algorithm)

and nnnnnn is the apparent serial number.

If so, this matches exactly the bZ4X structure and they are probably all mixed in together. Than makes sense, there is so little difference and they are built on the same line, probably mixed in. We'll be able to tell when we start getting some Solterra production samples, but the demo cars lent to the press fit right in so far.

Take a look at Toyota dealer stock for the AWD models and they should all be in the same structure to confirm it.

You can use the serial number (last six digits) to see how many they have probably produced for the model year.

I am hoping when I get my order in (ASAP!) that mine is about 10k or better. I like to have them make a few to get it right before making one for me. Although I have had low serial number Toyotas that were awesomely reliable (200k+ miles with few issues).

By the way, the FWD bZ4X models are all JTMAAAAAXPAnnnnnn.

Even the Solterra FWD in Japan, I'll bet will be that way.

What I haven't determined is if the serial numbers are separate or mixed between the XEAM10 and YEAM15 (FWD and AWD). I'll bet they are all mixed together.

In that case, I suspect the MY23 production serial numbers tell you how many Toyota has built, for shipment worldwide.

I would love to see someone with access to a Solterra or bZ4X in Europe (where they are called MY22 in most markets) who can tell us if the "P" is actually an "N" in their examples, in which case there may be two serial number series, to-date.

·
Registered
2021 OB Lmtd in Crimson
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
My order, carro was given a VON a few day ago. But, no VIN.. My dealer did mention they'd have a demo car in the middle of July..

21 - 40 of 50 Posts