Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a reservation for a Limited. But before I place an order, I need to figure out financing options. How everyone else financing their Solterra? I'm thinking of a 60 month term and found a loan at 1.99%.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2020 Forester Limited (Spouse)
186 Posts
I always have pre-approved financing from PenFed before I order a vehicle. At the time of delivery, I'll compare that to what might be available as subsidized financing from Subaru and pick the better deal.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I highly doubt Subaru financing will be offering 1.99% on Solterras. With everything going on, my guestimate is that we may be looking at 3.5% plus in July/August. Anything above 2%, I play to put more down and pay off the loan faster.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've been pre-approved at our local credit union. Any special rates from Subaru would have to be in effect at the time of closing, so we'll have to wait to see what they're offering. We got 0% for 60 months on our Ascent in late 2021, but I'm not expecting much of a deal in August. Who knows, maybe they'll be feeling generous! My Subaru retailer does most of their financing through Subaru (Chase) and my credit union, so I'll be able to take care of everything with the dealer.

Similar to @javvajir , I'll be putting down a lot of money (that's currently earning about 0.1% in my savings account) if rates are much higher than about 2%.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek Limited
60 Posts
I've been pre-approved at our local credit union. Any special rates from Subaru would have to be in effect at the time of closing, so we'll have to wait to see what they're offering. We got 0% for 60 months on our Ascent in late 2021, but I'm not expecting much of a deal in August. Who knows, maybe they'll be feeling generous! My Subaru retailer does most of their financing through Subaru (Chase) and my credit union, so I'll be able to take care of everything with the dealer.

Similar to @javvajir , I'll be putting down a lot of money (that's currently earning about 0.1% in my savings account) if rates are much higher than about 2%.
Put your savings in Discover Bank, paying 0.5%.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I plan on doing the same - I would like to finance only $30k and pay down the rest of it… my Outback is 0% for 60, I sure will miss that. But, my loan balance is less than the value currently, so I will make some money in the end I guess. Even though it was kind of my money anyway.

• Wow
Reactions: JayEM
1 - 9 of 9 Posts