Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Solterra for about three weeks now. So far I am loving it but have noticed some bugs and things I'd like enhanced in software. I curious what everyone's thoughts are on this list. I am planning on sending this to Subaru in the next week or so. Thanks for your feedback!

Bugs:
  • Folding Side Mirrors, when enabled, do not fold using inside lock/upload interior buttons. For me to fold side mirrors I have to touch the exterior lock sensors on door handle.
  • Bluetooth connectivity is inconsistent with my iPhone and the Solterra app. I should not have to authorize the connection pretty much every time I get into the car. I don’t have this issue with any other app on my phone.
  • Folding side mirrors does not work in the automatic mode when the door in locked from the interior lock switch. I would expect mirrors to fold in once the door is closed. You should not have to touch the exterior door lock sensor from outside of the vehicle.
  • When using Apple CarPlay, if you push/hold the talk switch radio should either be muted or volume automatically decreased to giving commands to Siri works more reliably.

Software Enhancements:
  • Provide Battery Percent State of Charge.
  • Provide Detailed Battery Usage in car and on the phone app (I.e percent used for HVAC, battery conditioning any drive) like other EVs.
  • Enable SXM channel changing to have the song start from the beginning of the song like older Subaru audio systems.
  • Allow Changing of percent of max charge (i.e. 80, 90, 100%) from phone and car when the vehicle is charging. This is not something you should have to go out, unplug the car, make the change and plug the car back into the charger.
  • Support the "future" Apple CarPlay update so the iPhone is able to take control off all car displays
  • When receiving the regenerative break unavailable message pushing the return to previous screen to acknowledge the message should be enough to keep the message from coming up repeatedly every few seconds to every couple of minutes during a trip.
  • My previous Outback used to give a single exterior beep when the door was closed and locked to confirm the vehicle was secure. This was a very nice feature to know for sure the car was locked.
  • Provide the ability to disable AM radio so it doesn’t show up when using the mode button on the steering wheel. I doubt many utilized AM radio anymore.
  • When using my room mode during charging, it would be nice if you still received an estimated time to charge in addition the the charge/discharge arrows.
  • Plug-in Charge Billing
  • Charge Route Planning
  • Battery Pre-conditioning
  • Walking near vehicle should unlock charge port/lock again if cable not pulled or key leaves area.
  • Provide info on why charging is slowed such as battery temp, charger/dispenser issue.

· Registered
297 Posts
  • Provide info on why charging is slowed such as battery temp, charger/dispenser issue.
That would help tremedously.

It should show the actual outside air temperature, the battery temperature, etc., so that when people complain about how slow the charging was, we can ignore anyone who won’t tell us the other data.

For range, it should also show statistics on what the major contributors are to the GOM range, such as average temperature during operation since last charge or reset, average temperature difference between inside and outside (climate controls). But at least:

• Provide Detailed Battery Usage in car and on the phone app (I.e percent used for HVAC, battery conditioning any drive) like other EVs.
would help the driver understand why their range keeps dropping quicker than the distance driven.

I like pretty much all the rest of the suggestions.

It‘s a shame I will probably have to pay my dealer to get what could have been an OTA update, had Toybaru bothered to implement that fully. Plus I will have to drive over to the dealership.

At least add the updating to the app so that we don’t have to visit a dealer.

· Registered
Vancouver, BC 2023 Solterra Tech Pkg
480 Posts
I've had my Solterra for about three weeks now. So far I am loving it but have noticed some bugs and things I'd like enhanced in software. I curious what everyone's thoughts are on this list. I am planning on sending this to Subaru in the next week or so. Thanks for your feedback!

Bugs:
  • Folding Side Mirrors, when enabled, do not fold using inside lock/upload interior buttons. For me to fold side mirrors I have to touch the exterior lock sensors on door handle.
  • Bluetooth connectivity is inconsistent with my iPhone and the Solterra app. I should not have to authorize the connection pretty much every time I get into the car. I don’t have this issue with any other app on my phone.
  • Folding side mirrors does not work in the automatic mode when the door in locked from the interior lock switch. I would expect mirrors to fold in once the door is closed. You should not have to touch the exterior door lock sensor from outside of the vehicle.
  • When using Apple CarPlay, if you push/hold the talk switch radio should either be muted or volume automatically decreased to giving commands to Siri works more reliably.

Software Enhancements:
  • Enable SXM channel changing to have the song start from the beginning of the song like older Subaru audio systems.
  • Allow Changing of percent of max charge (i.e. 80, 90, 100%) from phone and car when the vehicle is charging. This is not something you should have to go out, unplug the car, make the change and plug the car back into the charger.
  • Support the "future" Apple CarPlay update so the iPhone is able to take control off all car displays
  • When receiving the regenerative break unavailable message pushing the return to previous screen to acknowledge the message should be enough to keep the message from coming up repeatedly every few seconds to every couple of minutes during a trip.
  • My previous Outback used to give a single exterior beep when the door was closed and locked to confirm the vehicle was secure. This was a very nice feature to know for sure the car was locked.
  • Provide the ability to disable AM radio so it doesn’t show up when using the mode button on the steering wheel. I doubt many utilized AM radio anymore.
  • When using my room mode during charging, it would be nice if you still received an estimated time to charge in addition the the charge/discharge arrows.
  • Plug-in Charge Billing
  • Charge Route Planning
  • Walking near vehicle should unlock charge port/lock again if cable not pulled or key leaves area.
Re bugs:
Not sure if I would want the mirrors to fold when I am inside the car, and esp not while driving. And when outside it is only natural to touch the door handle to lock the door, and that same touch folds the mirrors. Works for me.

I don't have any issues now with my Android phone connecting. Initially I did, until I figured out how to always have your own profile load when you enter the car. And you want your FOB linked to your profile. Before that I also paired it to Guest mode, so no matter what, my phone always connects. I also have a digital key loaded in my phone, so don't even have to carry the FOB on me.

BTW, it would help to number your points, so they are easier to reference in a reply.

· Super Moderator
2023 Subaru Solterra with Technology Package, Platinum White with Two-Tone Black Roof
416 Posts

Bugs:

Software Enhancements:
  • Plug-in Charge Billing
  • Charge Route Planning
Just a quick reply regarding a couple points:
  • Route planning with charging. I believe the subscription service for the Navi does this I remember it was mentioned in a Subaru Canada YouTube video. Also, Apple Maps does as well if you didn’t know.
  • plug-in charge billing. I believe the car is capable of this and it is just depended on what providers they partner with. In the US, can’t the car do this with EVGo already?

· Super Moderator
1,237 Posts
Just a quick reply regarding a couple points:
  • Route planning with charging. I believe the subscription service for the Navi does this I remember it was mentioned in a Subaru Canada YouTube video. Also, Apple Maps does as well if you didn’t know.
  • plug-in charge billing. I believe the car is capable of this and it is just depended on what providers they partner with. In the US, can’t the car do this with EVGo already?
Yes, it does Plug and Charge with EVgo (you have to pre-register your vehicle and have an EVgo account).

· Registered
2021 Ascent Limited; 2023 Bolt EUV Premier w/S&S, SC
325 Posts
For range, it should also show statistics on what the major contributors are to the GOM range, such as average temperature during operation since last charge or reset, average temperature difference between inside and outside (climate controls). But at least:would help the driver understand why their range keeps dropping quicker than the distance driven.
You mean something like this? This is from my 2023 Chevy Bolt EUV, but I think something similar has been available since 2017. If I'm not mistaken, LG developed not just the battery, but also the infotainment and of course all the battery stats. (Yes, we have Kidz Bop Radio on 24/7 in the car.)

Font Line Screenshot Electronic device Technology

Font Screenshot Electronic device Technology Multimedia

1 - 7 of 7 Posts