I've had my Solterra for about three weeks now. So far I am loving it but have noticed some bugs and things I'd like enhanced in software. I curious what everyone's thoughts are on this list. I am planning on sending this to Subaru in the next week or so. Thanks for your feedback!
- Folding Side Mirrors, when enabled, do not fold using inside lock/upload interior buttons. For me to fold side mirrors I have to touch the exterior lock sensors on door handle.
- Bluetooth connectivity is inconsistent with my iPhone and the Solterra app. I should not have to authorize the connection pretty much every time I get into the car. I don’t have this issue with any other app on my phone.
- Folding side mirrors does not work in the automatic mode when the door in locked from the interior lock switch. I would expect mirrors to fold in once the door is closed. You should not have to touch the exterior door lock sensor from outside of the vehicle.
- When using Apple CarPlay, if you push/hold the talk switch radio should either be muted or volume automatically decreased to giving commands to Siri works more reliably.
- Provide Battery Percent State of Charge.
- Provide Detailed Battery Usage in car and on the phone app (I.e percent used for HVAC, battery conditioning any drive) like other EVs.
- Enable SXM channel changing to have the song start from the beginning of the song like older Subaru audio systems.
- Allow Changing of percent of max charge (i.e. 80, 90, 100%) from phone and car when the vehicle is charging. This is not something you should have to go out, unplug the car, make the change and plug the car back into the charger.
- Support the "future" Apple CarPlay update so the iPhone is able to take control off all car displays
- When receiving the regenerative break unavailable message pushing the return to previous screen to acknowledge the message should be enough to keep the message from coming up repeatedly every few seconds to every couple of minutes during a trip.
- My previous Outback used to give a single exterior beep when the door was closed and locked to confirm the vehicle was secure. This was a very nice feature to know for sure the car was locked.
- Provide the ability to disable AM radio so it doesn’t show up when using the mode button on the steering wheel. I doubt many utilized AM radio anymore.
- When using my room mode during charging, it would be nice if you still received an estimated time to charge in addition the the charge/discharge arrows.
- Plug-in Charge Billing
- Charge Route Planning
- Battery Pre-conditioning
- Walking near vehicle should unlock charge port/lock again if cable not pulled or key leaves area.
- Provide info on why charging is slowed such as battery temp, charger/dispenser issue.