Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Solterra over 2 weeks ago. I have received no information about how to get these benefits that came with the purchase of the car. Solterra Customer Service tells me the dealer should provide it. The dealer tells me it should come directly from the company. Very frustrating. Has any new owner received information about these items??? Thanks.

· Registered
11 Posts
Both my wife and I bought a Solterra in the US. I can tell you all of these benefits were received in an email from Subaru of America directly.

I bought mine in late December. I actually received my Just DRIVE promotion code email the day before my scheduled pickup, but it says it was only good for two years instead of the three that were promised. I did not receive the charging credit email at that time. I reached out to Subaru support to complain about both these things and they took a very long time to get back to me. They did early this month and I sent them some email screenshots and have not heard back again since. I DID eventually receive my charging credit email earlier this week and it is added to my EVgo account with no issue now. Not sure if the customer support did anything or if it just took a while.

My wife picked up her Solterra this past weekend. She got BOTH offer emails the very next day. Her Just DRIVE was also only 2 years, but I am waiting to see if I get a resolution to my rental promo before complaining about hers. I was able to apply her charging credit to the same EVgo account, so I have a combined credit of $800 for charging.

So I believe the dealer is correct. They register the purchase with Subaru, and they are supposed to send you your promotions. You need to bug Subaru again.

· Registered
13 Posts
I bought a Solterra over 2 weeks ago. I have received no information about how to get these benefits that came with the purchase of the car. Solterra Customer Service tells me the dealer should provide it. The dealer tells me it should come directly from the company. Very frustrating. Has any new owner received information about these items??? Thanks.
I received an email for the evgo offer a week after purchase, and the credit itself a couple weeks later. The first from Subaru ([email protected]), the second from evgo ([email protected]).

I received the 10 day "just drive" email also about a week after purchase, and again from [email protected], directing me to the dealer for the rental/loaner.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I received an email for the evgo offer a week after purchase, and the credit itself a couple weeks later. The first from Subaru ([email protected]), the second from evgo ([email protected]).

I received the 10 day "just drive" email also about a week after purchase, and again from [email protected], directing me to the dealer for the rental/loaner.
Thanks. I will try contacting Subaru. Thanks for the email info. Might be useful. Glad you didn’t have any trouble getting your benefits.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Both my wife and I bought a Solterra in the US. I can tell you all of these benefits were received in an email from Subaru of America directly.

I bought mine in late December. I actually received my Just DRIVE promotion code email the day before my scheduled pickup, but it says it was only good for two years instead of the three that were promised. I did not receive the charging credit email at that time. I reached out to Subaru support to complain about both these things and they took a very long time to get back to me. They did early this month and I sent them some email screenshots and have not heard back again since. I DID eventually receive my charging credit email earlier this week and it is added to my EVgo account with no issue now. Not sure if the customer support did anything or if it just took a while.

My wife picked up her Solterra this past weekend. She got BOTH offer emails the very next day. Her Just DRIVE was also only 2 years, but I am waiting to see if I get a resolution to my rental promo before complaining about hers. I was able to apply her charging credit to the same EVgo account, so I have a combined credit of $800 for charging.

So I believe the dealer is correct. They register the purchase with Subaru, and they are supposed to send you your promotions. You need to bug Subaru again.
Thanks for your reply. This is very annoying. I’m sorry for your hassle but I very much appreciate that you have taken the time to tell me about your experience.

· Registered
10 Posts
I didn’t know you are supposed to get email for rental. I got two emails for evgo credit though after buying the car. Second evgo email came two weeks after getting the credit in my evgo account so I think Subaru screwed up

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn’t know you are supposed to get email for rental. I got two emails for evgo credit though after buying the car. Second evgo email came two weeks after getting the credit in my evgo account so I think Subaru screwed up
Wouldn’t surprise me. My dealer knew absolutely nothing about these promised benefits. Well, at least you got the $400 EVgo credit. Congrats! Now pursue the 10-day free rental. Could come in handy.

· Registered
9 Posts
We got our EVgo credit email about three weeks after purchase, coming direct from Subaru. The process of claiming it was super easy and we now have $400 towards charging with them. Have not seen an email about the 10 days of rental.

· Registered
5 Posts
You should get an email from Subaru on the QMerit charger install or EVgo card for $400. You will only get the free "rental loaner cars" if your dealer has a car rental program. Mine did not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts