Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2023 Subaru Solterra Limited
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am new to being an EV owner. We got our Solterra 1/14/2023. The first thing I tried was to set my driver position in #1, and move the chair, then press #1 trying to recall it.
In short, I cannot simply set the position and recall it? I read the manual and the steps were simular enough to most other memory seat I used.
Any thought? Trick about it?
P.S. Even the guy at the dealership cannot set it or not sure why it didn't store.... ^_^

· Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
Have you set your profile yet and tied it to your key fob? The car links seat and mirror settings (and I'm guessing infotainment preferences) to the driver profile.

When you tried to use the memory set function, did you receive a confirmation that it had completed the procedure (beep?)?

· Registered
9 Posts
Same. I am still struggling to get the car to remember my seat setting, both with the key fob linking and the physical buttons on the door. Planning to start from the beginning this weekend with the owners manual and see if I can work through it.

· Registered
13 Posts
I set the door button for my preferences with no problems. I can't seem to get the fob to do it. And I can't reliably get my phone to connect for the profile, either. Hit or miss. Apple CarPlay works fine, though - as long as I wait long enough for the head unit to boot up.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you set your profile yet and tied it to your key fob? The car links seat and mirror settings (and I'm guessing infotainment preferences) to the driver profile.

When you tried to use the memory set function, did you receive a confirmation that it had completed the procedure (beep?)?
I did, with no success.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have your car turned on and in a stopped position. Press the set button first and then immediately after press #1. There should be a long beep. To recall press #1 and there should be short beep to recall.
yup, followed the owner manual down to the letter....... steps were soooo simple, but no success..... beeps were heard.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had the same issue as you. I was not able to set the position and then recall it. I took the car to the dealer and they said it was a software glitch so they had to re-install it.
I think I will have to do the same thing...... will see what the dealer say this Monday.

· Registered
2021 Ascent Limited; 2023 Bolt EUV Premier w/S&S, SC
325 Posts
yup, followed the owner manual down to the letter....... steps were soooo simple, but no success..... beeps were heard.
Does the Solterra have a process to calibrate the seat position? Since the Solterra is made by Toyota, it may have the same requirement as I've seen on the RAV4 Prime. Try the suggestions in the link below.

Also curious if your seat moves back for an easy exit when you turn off the car. Wondering if that might not work if the memory is not working.

Is there a trick to using seat memory recall?

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does the Solterra have a process to calibrate the seat position? Since the Solterra is made by Toyota, it may have the same requirement as I've seen on the RAV4 Prime. Try the suggestions in the link below.

Also curious if your seat moves back for an easy exit when you turn off the car. Wondering if that might not work if the memory is not working.

Yes, seat moves back for an easy exit when you turn off the car. Just won't recall back to #1 when pressed.

· Registered
186 Posts
So far I have refused the requests to bond with my phone. ;) The seat has stayed where I put it. It cannot move back as I am already there. All I need is the stereo and that works fine, using the thumb drives I have put a bunch of music on.

As I am the only driver, I am just going to leave the positioning crap alone. :)

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Thank you @md. Following the RAV4 steps to calibrate did the trick!!! Thank you much to everyone in this great forum!

· Registered
2021 Ascent Limited; 2023 Bolt EUV Premier w/S&S, SC
325 Posts
Thank you @md. Following the RAV4 steps to calibrate did the trick!!! Thank you much to everyone in this great forum!
Great, so glad that was helpful. All my time on the RAV4 Prime forums is finally paying off!

bZ4X/Solterra appear to use the same 6.6kW AC charger as the RAV4 Prime and they have similar confusion on what "0" actually means -- both for the battery and gas. Prime has Eco setting for both driving and climate control and also has the heat pump. 2023 R4P gets the same infotainment system as bZ4X/Solterra, so there might be helpful info there as far as connecting, wireless Car Play/Android Auto, etc., too.

Looks like the Solterra has the same periodic kW drops during L2 charging as the R4P, as @ausmjo posted in this recent thread: Level 2 Charging - My First Charge. Possibly to check the voltage of the cells before continuing. Not sure if that was ever figured out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts