Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom in Canada is looking at buying one of these, but really wants to know if a women's road/gravel bike would fit in the back with the seats down. It currently fits her older Prius, so I am guessing it would, but wanted to make sure.

· Registered
186 Posts
You have over 6' of length in the car, with the seats down. A bike will fit.

EPA passenger volume
95.7 cu. ft.
EPA cargo volume
27.7 cu. ft. (rear seat up, luggage compartment deck board up)
29.0 cu. ft. (rear seat up, luggage compartment deck board down)
Max. cargo length
38.3 in. (rear seat up) 73.0 in. (rear seat down)
Rear Door Opening
41.3 in.
Cargo width between wheel housings
38.1 in.
Cargo area height
29.8 in. (deck board upper position) 32.6 in. (deck board lower position)

· Registered
Vancouver, BC 2023 Solterra Tech Pkg
477 Posts
My mom in Canada is looking at buying one of these, but really wants to know if a women's road/gravel bike would fit in the back with the seats down. It currently fits her older Prius, so I am guessing it would, but wanted to make sure.
I am sure it would. I could fit 2 bikes in the back of my Crosstrek, and the Solterra is definitely bigger.

· Registered
45 Posts
I have wondered about that as well. With the slope of the rear hatch/window, it seems to cut into the available space. Good to know a bike will fit. I do plan on getting a bike rack and ordered my solterra with the hitch attachment.

· Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2012 Impreza hatchback, which, I Hope if my reserved Solterra ever arrives, will have a second owner who is good to her. My 56cm road bike, with the rear seats down, fits in the back with the front wheel off with some room to spare. I could fit it in with front wheel on, but not worth the maneuvering. Weekends, it rides on top! From what I can see spec wise, I agree with others, same scenario with a Solterra, no sweat.

· Registered
95 Posts
Also in this thread, yalla posted a photo of his Solterra with a roof rack...probably for skis, but easily envisioned with bikes as well.

· Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2012 Impreza hatchback, which, I Hope if my reserved Solterra ever arrives, will have a second owner who is good to her. My 56cm road bike, with the rear seats down, fits in the back with the front wheel off with some room to spare. I could fit it in with front wheel on, but not worth the maneuvering. Weekends, it rides on top! From what I can see spec wise, I agree with others, same scenario with a Solterra, no sweat.
I'm still awaiting my Solterra (March), but I was curious about fitting my Litespeed, wheels on, with the rear seats down, as I was able to do with my Forester. So I tested it in the demo Solterra at my dealer, and it fit even better than in the Forester. Again, with front wheel attached. Very convenient!

· Registered
6 Posts
I'm still awaiting my Solterra (March), but I was curious about fitting my Litespeed, wheels on, with the rear seats down, as I was able to do with my Forester. So I tested it in the demo Solterra at my dealer, and it fit even better than in the Forester. Again, with front wheel attached. Very convenient!
Excellent! I park in a parking deck at work, so not having to remove front wheel is one less step for me during the week on ride days afterwork.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts