Subaru Solterra Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
The approximately $15-20k cost for full battery replacement when you take a chunk out of your ID4's battery tray trying to offroad it.

I won't drive my Solterra off road much more than once a month, but when I want to, I need to know that my vehicle can handle it.
Good point. Fortunately the wife won't every take the car off-road (or at least not on purpose). We have an ICE SUV for that when we hit the trails.

Honestly the only reason she insists on AWD is peace of mind for the two days a year it snows here in Oregon (and even the last few times it did that, she asked me to drive her to and from work).

·
Registered
32 Posts
We cancelled our Solterra Limited last month and made a reservation for a 2023 VW ID4 AWD Pro S. VW just locked in my reservation with a delivery date Dec. 2022- Jan. 2023. I think we just might get the VW before we would have gotten the Solterra!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Interesting! I reserved mine on August 17th! Does that mean I may lock on the next few days or could it depend on when my selected dealer gets an allocation?
Based on what I'm hearing over on the ID.4 forums, it seems that VW is locking in batches based on what platform was reserved. FWIW, I reserved an AWD Pro S.

·
Registered
60 Posts
True. Then again, the batch locks would not make sense either.
Is it possible they are going to run certain trim levels together on the assembly line? That seems to be the guess on the other forum since it seems like a bunch of reservations for the AWD Pro S (with a wider variety of reservation dates) all got emails in the last two days to lock?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good point. Fortunately the wife won't every take the car off-road (or at least not on purpose). We have an ICE SUV for that when we hit the trails.

Honestly the only reason she insists on AWD is peace of mind for the two days a year it snows here in Oregon (and even the last few times it did that, she asked me to drive her to and from work).
I know this thread has kind of taken an off-topic turn into ID4 territory, but to close out this part of the discussion: everyone needs to remember that Subaru is trying to deliver a vehicle that is "On brand" for them, and that means considering a more "outdoors-oriented" customer base. Some performance characteristics (coefficient of drag, primarily) and range were sacrificed to deliver this. If you're not one of those customers, I'll be the first one to tell you that there are better choices in an EV.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was able to switch from my previously reserved 2022 ID4 Pro S to 2023 model on Aug. 29, and I was locked in on that date. Current status shows Dec. - Feb. estimated pickup. That has not changed in the last month. Still keeping my Solterra order, with the idea of picking and choosing as/when they come in. Anyone know what the ID 4 chat site is?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was able to switch from my previously reserved 2022 ID4 Pro S to 2023 model on Aug. 29, and I was locked in on that date. Current status shows Dec. - Feb. estimated pickup. That has not changed in the last month. Still keeping my Solterra order, with the idea of picking and choosing as/when they come in. Anyone know what the ID 4 chat site is?
Reddit: VWID4Owners

21 - 40 of 60 Posts