Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saw a couple videos yesterday (in Japanese) that had dark blue Solterra's in them -- a color I have been lobbying Subaru Customer Support for (in addition to brown seats, since that's the color combination of my 2018 Outback 3.6R Touring). Will be interesting to see if it if offered in the US. There's also a portion of one of the videos that shows the build options and vehicle accessories.

- Jeff

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

SUBARU On-Tube (Channel)

Introducing all SOLTERRA body colors! 4K

Review using dark blue premium model
E-CarLife with 五味やすたか

Also saw this cutaway car that I had not seen before (apologies if it is already posted here).
Subaru Solterra "Cutaway Model"

I won't link all the feature videos (because they are in the On-Tube page linked above), but I have been wondering about how the auto-park will work:
SOLTERRA:Advanced Park

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes, I think that deep blue is very nice. I also like the Smoke Gray color (silver?) featured at the very end.

Thanks for posting this.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The "Smoked Carbon" is what I reserved because, other than black, it was the only color available that toned down all that cladding. Unfortunately, after they started taking it to auto shows and more information became available it is definitely very "Silver" and not anything remotely close to smoking a piece of carbon. My wife loves the red so it may depend on whether she's going to steal it or not as to whether I order red or [hopefully] dark blue (I haven't translated any of the text to see if they mention the name of the color, it may just be the Toyota Blueprint).

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah - I missed the reservation opportunity, but at this point I will jump on anything I can get. My favorites are the Black, White, or Silver, but they’re all good!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the build sheet video I mentioned earlier, not necessarily what's going to be offered in US packages/options.

There's lot's of interesting images/details that haven't been shown before as well as the available accessories (like maybe a dash cam and the rating for the rear 110volt outlet of 1,500 watts).

[from Japan] Solterra Detailed Announcement, orders start on May 12

·
Registered
120 Posts
Here's the build sheet video I mentioned earlier, not necessarily what's going to be offered in US packages/options.

There's lot's of interesting images/details that haven't been shown before as well as the available accessories (like maybe a dash cam and the rating for the rear 110volt outlet of 1,500 watts).

Toyota has some cool goodies for the US market like Dashcams and Subaru has some neat goodies for the JDM cars. One could hope they’re also available here.

·
Registered
50 Posts

There are some interesting range figures as the beginning of this video. Where do these numbers come from I wonder? Different battery pack?
Font Line Material property Slope Screenshot

Rectangle Font Line Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
44 Posts
I guess the dark blue version we saw in Japan is not being offered in the US, which seems strange since the cars are made in Japan anyway, I am going to guess they are all made at the same plant and shipped out from there

·
Super Moderator
165 Posts
I guess the dark blue version we saw in Japan is not being offered in the US, which seems strange since the cars are made in Japan anyway, I am going to guess they are all made at the same plant and shipped out from there
The bZ4X is being offered in this colour. But sadly, not the Solterra. The Toyota also gets a silver option I wish the Solterra would have gotten. Oh well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts