Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been waiting with everyone else here, now that Ford has opened up mustang electric orders again, I’m considering putting a reservation over there and seeing which one comes first. Specs on the entry level seem to be similar to Subaru. thoughts?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did Ford raise their price? I see that the AWD Premium trim (comparable to the Solterra Limited which is what I have on order) with the larger battery starts at $66,275. A lot higher than I thought they were.

Even with the standard battery (range similar to the Solterra at 224 miles) is $57,675.

Lowest priced Mach E with AWD is priced at $49,595.

·
Registered
670 Posts
What was your projected delivery date on the Solterra when you placed your order (or are you still on a waiting list?)?

I'm guessing the Solterra would be delivered before whatever MME you'd be able to order now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What was your projected delivery date on the Solterra when you placed your order (or are you still on a waiting list?)?

I'm guessing the Solterra would be delivered before whatever MME you'd be able to order now.
Original Subaru delivery date was August. But at this rate who knows if it will come this year

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ford website saying 18 - 24 weeks for delivery.
I ordered 3 different Mach-Es in Oct 2021 with each saying 26 weeks but one arrived at 10 months (40+ weeks) and another is arriving early next month (so basically 12+ months or 53-55 weeks). I bought two already and basically upgraded trims for free as each dealer took in my trade at MSRP.

Would I buy another? Not a the current prices. I just bought an BMW i4 and it is vastly superior to all the over EVs I’ve owned. The audio system is even better than Teslas and the adaptive suspension is sorted unlike the mess in the MagneRide Mach-E.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I ordered 3 different Mach-Es in Oct 2021 with each saying 26 weeks but one arrived at 10 months (40+ weeks) and another is arriving early next month (so basically 12+ months or 53-55 weeks). I bought two already and basically upgraded trims for free as each dealer took in my trade at MSRP.

Would I buy another? Not a the current prices. I just bought an BMW i4 and it is vastly superior to all the over EVs I’ve owned. The audio system is even better than Teslas and the adaptive suspension is sorted unlike the mess in the MagneRide Mach-E.
Good to hear about the BMW. I was in my local BMW dealership two weeks back and they told me I could get one an i4 40 by the end of this year at M.S.R.P. If I wanted the i4 50, that would be a longer wait.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Good to hear about the BMW. I was in my local BMW dealership two weeks back and they told me I could get one an i4 40 by the end of this year at M.S.R.P. If I wanted the i4 50, that would be a longer wait.
I test drove a M50 but bought a eDrive40 and prefer it. The acceleration is faster than the Tesla Model 3 RWD which was fine by me. My Mach-E GTPE is a ticket magnet as I can’t keep it under 90mph when I tap the throttle (I drive in Unbridled because the suspension is best in that mode) so the M50 is going to get my license suspended.

The negative about the i4 is lack of adaptive cruise control in the eDrive40 trim (BMW removed it due to part shortages). If you take long boring road trips or need adaptive cruise on a commute.. this EV is not for you.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I test drove a M50 but bought a eDrive40 and prefer it. The acceleration is faster than the Tesla Model 3 RWD which was fine by me. My Mach-E GTPE is a ticket magnet as I can’t keep it under 90mph when I tap the throttle (I drive in Unbridled because the suspension is best in that mode) so the M50 is going to get my license suspended.

The negative about the i4 is lack of adaptive cruise control in the eDrive40 trim (BMW removed it due to part shortages). If you take long boring road trips or need adaptive cruise on a commute.. this EV is not for you.
So the no ACC isn't just an Audi thing! I'd be lost without it.
Glad you like your i4 eDrive40! I had a reservation for one a year ago but let it go, it just wasn't what I wanted at the time. I test-drove the iX and it was really nice but definitely NOT what I want - especially the > $94k price.

·
Registered
135 Posts
So the no ACC isn't just an Audi thing! I'd be lost without it.
Glad you like your i4 eDrive40! I had a reservation for one a year ago but let it go, it just wasn't what I wanted at the time. I test-drove the iX and it was really nice but definitely NOT what I want - especially the > $94k price.
I just sat in an iX at my BMW and messed with all controls. What the fudge is this insanity? Controls for the seat on the doors? Weird steering wheel controls too. The interior and audio did not feel/sound premium compared to the i4. I didn’t bother with the test drive because this SUV isn’t worth $93K.

Car Vehicle Automotive design Mirror Steering part

·
Registered
670 Posts
I just sat in an iX at my BMW and messed with all controls. What the fudge is this insanity? Controls for the seat on the doors? Weird steering wheel controls too. The interior and audio did not feel/sound premium compared to the iX. I didn’t bother with the test drive because this SUV isn’t worth $93K.

View attachment 1072
Seat controls on the door is a Mercedes thing, I can't say it makes sense. Yeah, the controls really were challenging. Good thing I had the BMW sales guy riding along (and even he didn't know where everything was).

For my wife the price was the killer. For me it was just too big - regardless of price. I wish they'd sell the iX1 here, I'd probably buy it... but "no iX1 for you" in North America.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts