Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a full charge, I start the car and it says I have 280 miles available. If I turn on any climate control that causes the fan to run, the available milage drops by about 25% (210). Turning on heated steering wheel and heated set does not alter the available milage, but I suspect it must affect it, since it is burning electricity. I would be happy with just heated steering wheel and seats, but with an outside temp around 30 degrees, the inside keeps fogging up. I've never had a car that liked fogging up as much as the Soltera. This causes me to keep messing with with the defrost. Maybe I just need to accept this as another cost of winter.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have all the climate controls turned off. With 2 people in the car and 30 degrees, the car keeps fogging up. I do not have the control set to recirculate the air. I have to keep turning on defrost, which kills the available miles.

· Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
I have all the climate controls turned off. With 2 people in the car and 30 degrees, the car keeps fogging up. I do not have the control set to recirculate the air. I have to keep turning on defrost, which kills the available miles.
Not having the fan running might be part of the problem. Setting the temp to lowest (60°F?), with the fan on one of the two lowest speeds might just avoid the problem.

· Registered
Vancouver, BC 2023 Solterra Tech Pkg
480 Posts
I just use Auto settings, and if it starts to fog up a bit inside (eg. after coming in from being rained on), I just hit defrost and it gets cleared up pretty fast. Works the same as the last several cars I have owned. I live in a very wet winter climate, and whether coming in from skiing, or hiking in the wet, cars will fog up if you don't use defrost once in a while. When it clears up, I just hit Auto again, and all is good. I never mess with fan and circulate buttons. The Auto figures that out for me. Only other button I use is Defrost.

BTW, have started using the ECO Climate setting, which also puts the steering wheel and seat heat on Auto as needed, and found that my kWh/100 kms goes down with that setting. I am not sure what exactly it does, car still warms up inside same as before, but it is definitely more efficient.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts