Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Even after updating the app, I am getting a profile failed to load, defaulting to guest profile message at least 1 out of every 3 times I turn the vehicle on, including between stops. This guest profile seems to throw everything off, my audio isn’t enabled, my presets are not there, and my radio defaults to some 87.9 our whatever the default fm is, despite having sat radio.

I am pretty close to taking a major $$ hit and selling the car back to the dealer, but I can’t even get an appt at city hall until 1/5 to register it, and they can’t buy it used unless it is registered, so I have to deal with it for another 2 weeks or so at least. If I can figure out how to work around the bugs, maybe I will hang onto it.

Thanks,
Chris

· Registered
409 Posts
One question… do you start the vehicle and then immediately start driving, or turn on the “ignition” and wait 15-20 seconds before shifting into gear?

I’ve heard moving into gear too soon causes all sorts of problems…might be worth a try to see if it works for you…

· Registered
88 Posts
One question… do you start the vehicle and then immediately start driving, or turn on the “ignition” and wait 15-20 seconds before shifting into gear?

I’ve heard moving into gear too soon causes all sorts of problems…might be worth a try to see if it works for you…
I have also found that if I remote start the car it goes into guest mode and then doesn't automatically recognize my car when I get in. I was able to get it to switch profiles before I started driving, but turning it off before I get in and then starting normally works every time. It would be nice if that wasn't necessary but I haven't found it to be a big issue.

· Super Moderator
2023 Subaru Solterra with Technology Package, Platinum White with Two-Tone Black Roof
416 Posts
I have also found that if I remote start the car it goes into guest mode and then doesn't automatically recognize my car when I get in. I was able to get it to switch profiles before I started driving, but turning it off before I get in and then starting normally works every time. It would be nice if that wasn't necessary but I haven't found it to be a big issue.
There is some known issues with the profiles on the new Toyota system. They are aware and hopefully will fix it with an update. Check out some of the newest Tundra threads or YouTube videos regarding it (same exact system).

· Registered
32 Posts
Same experience as Islander. It is stuck in guest mode when the remote start function was still running, get in and start driving.

I have some issues with not being able to control the volume, neither button on the wheel or under the screen works. Then when I start doing something else, it works again. Not sure what triggers it. I am thinking it's the Siri function?

· Registered
119 Posts
There is some known issues with the profiles on the new Toyota system. They are aware and hopefully will fix it with an update. Check out some of the newest Tundra threads or YouTube videos regarding it (same exact system).
The videos I saw before were over a year old. I wouldn’t hold your breath on an update when they just fixed the wheels falling off. Just sayin…

· Registered
6 Posts
We just got ours last week and we are going crazy with this profile thing. There are two of us, both profiles are loaded in the car but it never recognizes either of us and goes to Guest all the time. It seems that the car requires access to cell networks and because we park underground in our building that is not available. The profiles appear grayed out and inaccessible. Once we are out and about if we stop the vehicle, refresh profiles then we can activate either. We have Wi-Fi in our garage but that does not seem to matter. I hope Toyota will fix this because it takes alway the benefit of having customized profiles they will adjust everything for the driver.

· Registered
6 Posts
We’ve gone through the manual several times. There are no instructional videos other than the official ones and the support line given no one calls us back ! Guess we’ll have to wait a while

· Registered
1 Posts
I've been playing with this a bit...

It seems like if I shift into gear before the head unit is finished 'booting', the vehicle is in guest mode. I can shift back into Park at the end of my driveway, and the vehicle recognizes and loads my profile.

Perhaps it can only load the profile while in park.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've been playing with this a bit...

It seems like if I shift into gear before the head unit is finished 'booting', the vehicle is in guest mode. I can shift back into Park at the end of my driveway, and the vehicle recognizes and loads my profile.

Perhaps it can only load the profile while in park.
I think you are spot on. I would imagine the reasoning behind that profile load in park restriction is the seat adjustment? I have given up on the profiles and finally managed to:

set all my Sirius favorites on both guest and my own profile (this is the most annoying part)
disabled the seat adjustment on power off to prevent the readjustment difference in profiles
accepted the frustration with having to randomly enable the audio (at least it does not seem to go to AM automatically now)

I was going to trade it for an Outback and take the loss, but these workarounds have reduced my frustration. I still don't know why the console has to repeatedly alert me that regen braking is not available while I am using the adaptive cruise on the highway. I haven't even delved into the steering wheel pedals. I always charge to 100% on my level 1 factory charger and right now my driving is basically in a 10 mile radius of my house so I am rarely able to use the s-pedal

· Registered
297 Posts
Try charging to only 90%, if your daily use has you comfortable with slightly less range.

Since you are getting consistent results at 100% (no S-Pedal), it would be interesting to see if you get a different consistent result at 90%. Please also tell us your approximate temperature this occurs in, since it seems that’s also a part of the algorithm that determines if there is sufficient “room” in the battery to absorb the regen power.

· Registered
32 Posts
Try charging to only 90%, if your daily use has you comfortable with slightly less range.

Since you are getting consistent results at 100% (no S-Pedal), it would be interesting to see if you get a different consistent result at 90%. Please also tell us your approximate temperature this occurs in, since it seems that’s also a part of the algorithm that determines if there is sufficient “room” in the battery to absorb the regen power.
I rarely been able to use S-pedal and I charge to 90%. Even after using the battery to 70%, s-pedal won't come on.

I think it is more temperature dependant. I have driven 1 day that was above freezing and that seems to help sustain s-pedal use, but all other days with temp. slightly below freezing, I cannot use S-pedal.
That being said, all 4 level auto brake regen still works no matter what the temp. outside is.

· Registered
Vancouver, BC 2023 Solterra Tech Pkg
480 Posts
Did you check out "My Settings" on approx. p 213 of the owner's manual?
The profiles can be paired/linked to the actual fobs. Toyota USA has some YouTube videos on it.
Also be sure to set the LinkKey to On for your profile in the Multi Media settings under Personal Info so that it will use your key to bring up your profile correctly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts