Subaru Solterra Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just test drove a C40 Recharge Ultimate and really loved it. Can't buy it today, it's a newly-arrived loaner/demo (just 50 miles on it), but they have my number to call when they're ready to sell (in 3 months or so). It's possible "my Solterra" will have been built by then and be on its way, but if not I now have a fallback. And, to be honest, if I'm able to test drive a Solterra before the C40 can be sold, the C40 may be more than just a fallback.

Obviously, it would be ineligible for the tax credit, but that applies to the Solterra too so level playing field.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky

I'm now a proud owner of a C40 ultimate... had a 2nd deposit down for a XC40 and this one randomly showed up at the dealer. Snuck the sale in before whatever happens with the tax credit stuff. Absolutely loving it so far. I'll still give the Solterra a test drive when it shows up. That will obviously win for space/ground clearance... but who knows when it will show.

·
Registered
670 Posts
View attachment 1023
I'm now a proud owner of a C40 ultimate... had a 2nd deposit down for a XC40 and this one randomly showed up at the dealer. Snuck the sale in before whatever happens with the tax credit stuff. Absolutely loving it so far. I'll still give the Solterra a test drive when it shows up. That will obviously win for space/ground clearance... but who knows when it will show.
@OUWxGuesser,

How are you liking the C40, one month in? I'm seriously thinking of ordering one, and giving up on the Solterra (sadly).

Anything you really like, or hate?

I have an option on a demo 2022 Q4 e-tron (will be available in November) but the asking price on that is more than on a brand new 2023 C40 - and I prefer the Volvo dealership, from past experience (they also carry BMW).

21 - 23 of 23 Posts