Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not looking good….11.5 Continuous weeks down from June 17th Until September 7th.

Side note: A Japanese story yesterday noted that the new Crown had been delayed until Fall. Stated that the Crown has the same wheel issues as the BZ4X and is on the same production line (makes sense).

Toyota Motor Corporation
Motomachi Plant
Production line #1September 1 (Thu), 2 (Fri), 5 (Mon), 6 (Tue)MIRAI, Crown, bZ4X, SUBARU Solterra

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The good news just keeps on coming!!! But only 4 days, and only through TUESDAY (9/6)... IMPLYING that the assembly line might restart on WEDNESDAY 9/7...???
Possibly but considering it's only August 10th and they have already determined that the 1st week of September needs to be shut down. Based on that last few months, seems that they start this way and keep bumping it out every week to 10 days. Sorry, I'm not very optimistic this morning. Between this and the tax credit stuff, I'm thinking about jumping off the wagon and waiting for a while, maybe even a few years. The thrill of the BZ and my first full EV (We already have a Rav4 Prime and LOVE it) is starting to get beat down. sigh. It was almost like it's a mission...but one that seems doomed to fail on so many paths, lol.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Possibly but considering it's only August 10th and they have already determined that the 1st week of September needs to be shut down. Based on that last few months, seems that they start this way and keep bumping it out every week to 10 days. Sorry, I'm not very optimistic this morning. Between this and the tax credit stuff, I'm thinking about jumping off the wagon and waiting for a while, maybe even a few years. The thrill of the BZ and my first full EV (We already have a Rav4 Prime and LOVE it) is starting to get beat down. sigh. It was almost like it's a mission...but one that seems doomed to fail on so many paths, lol.
Agreed! Right now I'm at the point of not canceling my order (yet), but when/if the car ever arrives, if it doesn't wow me I'll just walk away.
But also, might take a test drive today of a Volvo C40 Recharge (on the lot, so tax-credit-eligible). With the full FTC, the C40 is $1k less than the Solterra Touring without any FTC.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed! Right now I'm at the point of not canceling my order (yet), but when/if the car ever arrives, if it doesn't wow me I'll just walk away.
But also, might take a test drive today of a Volvo C40 Recharge (on the lot, so tax-credit-eligible). With the full FTC, the C40 is $1k less than the Solterra Touring without any FTC.

The only reason I haven't walked away is that I'm on the BZ4X side of the equation and my car is built and sitting in the Port of New York (Since July 18th). If it were not built yet, I would move on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The waiting is now part of the norm. I have learned to cope with it, and be pleasantly surprised when ETA is accurate.
I have tried to ordered 5 different cars since Nov 2021, only 1 has showed up. That was the last one that I ordered in Apr, just because I learned that unless the dealer has a VIN, it can all be vapourware :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, I officially received a signed purchase agreement from Volvo yesterday for a C40 Recharge Ultimate. Subaru dealership said they could not make that happen before the President signs the IRA (likely this Friday after the House approves the bill), So I went ahead and cancelled my Solterra order with Maita Subaru of Sacramento. The Sales Manager asked if he could send me a check for the $250 deposit but not officially cancel the order with SOA to retain the car, so my Black on Black Solterra Touring will be headed to the dealer (someday) without a buyer. If anyone has not yet reserved one and you don't mind that the federal tax rebate will not apply, then give them a holler. I heard other buyers have cancelled orders, so I assume there will be plenty of Solterras available at dealerships without pre-orders when they finally arrive.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well, I officially received a signed purchase agreement from Volvo yesterday for a C40 Recharge Ultimate. Subaru dealership said they could not make that happen before the President signs the IRA (likely this Friday after the House approves the bill), So I went ahead and cancelled my Solterra order with Maita Subaru of Sacramento. The Sales Manager asked if he could send me a check for the $250 deposit but not officially cancel the order with SOA to retain the car, so my Black on Black Solterra Touring will be headed to the dealer (someday) without a buyer. If anyone has not yet reserved one and you don't mind that the federal tax rebate will not apply, then give them a holler. I heard other buyers have cancelled orders, so I assume there will be plenty of Solterras available at dealerships without pre-orders when they finally arrive.
Sounds like you might be the first of many to throw in the towel.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would tell them for $1500 you’d be willing to do that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So basically almost all future deliveries will be made in September or later. Originally mine should have been made in August but since production break it postboned at least two months. Since 2023 model year will be 11kw AC (three phase in EU), is there a change that all cars will arrive with 11kw AC?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I just test drove a C40 Recharge Ultimate and really loved it. Can't buy it today, it's a newly-arrived loaner/demo (just 50 miles on it), but they have my number to call when they're ready to sell (in 3 months or so). It's possible "my Solterra" will have been built by then and be on its way, but if not I now have a fallback. And, to be honest, if I'm able to test drive a Solterra before the C40 can be sold, the C40 may be more than just a fallback.

Obviously, it would be ineligible for the tax credit, but that applies to the Solterra too so level playing field.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just test drove a C40 Recharge Ultimate and really loved it. Can't buy it today, it's a newly-arrived loaner/demo (just 50 miles on it), but they have my number to call when they're ready to sell (in 3 months or so). It's possible "my Solterra" will have been built by then and be on its way, but if not I now have a fallback. And, to be honest, if I'm able to test drive a Solterra before the C40 can be sold, the C40 may be more than just a fallback.

Obviously, it would be ineligible for the tax credit, but that applies to the Solterra too so level playing field.
that Is the car I’m using to compare against the solterra. Really liked it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the forum @adventurelarry Do you have a preference between the Solterra or Ocean?
Good question that is tough to answer. The Solterra has all final features firmed up, other than the lug bolts perhaps, while the Ocean has not finalized features and the prices for packages such as cold weather, etc. The Ocean seems to be leaning towards a subscription model for some features which is potentially concerning. I really like the Ocean styling, California Mode, and its range and charging capabilities. I also appreciate that fabric and carpets are made from recycled materials. My hope is to get the Solterra and when the Ocean gets in the hands of those who are getting the One and Extreme models I can read some owner reviews and then make the decision to keep the Solterra or to get the Ocean.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts