Subaru Solterra Forum banner
221 - 240 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Assuming no last minute changes or issues from the cyclone, the line should be up and running for the first time since June 18th.👀🤞🤞
I Soooo hope so!

My dealership's two inbound non-reserved cars (one a loaner-demo, the other an inventory car (sold)) are showing an estimated arrival of 9/30 - but both were already scheduled to be built just before the 6/18 shutdown.🤞🤞🤞

·
Registered
254 Posts
It certainly would be nice to somehow get some confirmation from a legitimate Toyota source stating the vehicles are back in production, but if the past communication from the company is an example, how will we know… short of seeing vehicles begin to show up at dealerships?

I‘m not disappointed so much as simply frustrated in the lack of information coming out of Toyota/Subaru…

·
Registered
670 Posts
It certainly would be nice to somehow get some confirmation from a legitimate Toyota source stating the vehicles are back in production, but if the past communication from the company is an example, how will we know… short of seeing vehicles begin to show up at dealerships?

I‘m not disappointed so much as simply frustrated in the lack of information coming out of Toyota/Subaru…
Toyota only seems to announce when an assembly line is NOT in operation, so..... not not in operation = in operation?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·

Maybe the European tracker app will function again soon and those in Europe will get updated tracking and pass it along.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 · (Edited)
From the BZ4X forums....Solterra delivery in the UK.

Hope is alive?

I live in the UK

I have been called by Subaru dealer yesterday. Delaer told me that cars will be in the dealer sooner than they promissed me. She said that Subaru informed them "cars will be delivered to delaers 2 weeks later"

And she also added: "After the deep investigation, they have decided that this is not a serious failure. It can be fixed, no need to re-produce. Thus, Subaru planing to fix the problem ASAP not re-produce."

She couldn't tell me when the fix will be applied and I can drive. She mentioned that they are waiting update from Subaru. But I don't think this will take long time because parking all those cars are extra cost for both Subaru and Toyota!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #235 · (Edited)
So... anyone drive by the Motomachi Plant plant today to see what's coming out the back side?
Crowns…lots of Crowns

Although it has become a disappointing appearance, some of them are finally in sight, and in Aichi Prefecture, the appearance of the new crown crossover being transported on a carrier has been witnessed one after another.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #237 ·
Crowns…lots of Crowns

While reading that article again, I noticed this:

If reading that right, these would indeed have the fix for the hub bolts already installed. The "G" Advanced models both use the 2.5L Hybrid powertrain. That looks promising.

SNIP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition, there is information that only the 2.5L hybrid model will be shipped with countermeasures against the hub bolt recall, so the crown crossover in these images is the "G Advanced" or "G Advanced Leather Package". It will be either.

SNIP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
355 Posts
Would be nicer if there was an EV version, since it seems to leverage much of the foundation and developments of the bZ4X and RZ 450e (along with recent Venza updates which read almost identical to Solterra press releases).

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just got a call from my salesperson that all their cars have been pushed back to December 30th. That includes their demo unit that already has a VIN. Before now, they all had different dates in September, October, November, and December. Another data point that may or may not mean anything, but not a good sign. :(

221 - 240 of 254 Posts