Subaru Solterra Forum banner
201 - 220 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
I spent some time today with a friend that owns a Bolt, checking out the car. He bought it a couple of years ago and has roughly 25K miles on it, so he has a good understanding of the vehicle and it’s limitations.

While I’m not anywhere near walking from the Solterra yet, from what I can tell, the Bolt or Bolt EUV would be a suitable substitute to the Solterra for my personal needs, and there wouldn’t be any “binding contract” worries to get the rebate…

My plans now are to give it to the end of the year and see where things are then, and only then make a decision to wait, or move on. While I may not purchase a Bolt, I’m going to spend some time researching it while I wait. I completely understand the vvehicle isn’t as feature rich as the Solterra, which is still my preference, I’ve set the clock to make a decision whether to stay or move on.

Im very optimistic that by 12/2022 these wheel issues and tax rebate issue will have a suitable resolution, but then again, I would never have thought things would ever have gone this far “south” in the vehicle introduction.

Tic-tok, tic-tok…

·
Registered
186 Posts
FWIW, I had called SoA on Tuesday to cancel my reservation and I see that my $250 was credited back to my card the next day, wherever the credit came from (dealer or SoA).

I did reach out to the dealer after my call with SoA, but have not heard anything. Probably never will. Oh well…..

·
Registered
593 Posts
FWIW, I had called SoA on Tuesday to cancel my reservation and I see that my $250 was credited back to my card the next day, wherever the credit came from (dealer or SoA).

I did reach out to the dealer after my call with SoA, but have not heard anything. Probably never will. Oh well…..
Seems like you would've gotten a confirmation email from SoA that is cc'd to the dealer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was doing a quick search on the web to see if lug bolts issues was a frequent one with BMW cars which are using lug bolts. Surprisingly, it seems to be usual for BMW owners to frequently re-torque their bolts.... specially drivers that do track sessions, which can present an equivalent charge/stress to what Toyota refer to "hard driving" in the recall. There is many forum of BMW owners with wheels falling off topics...
Looks their is no remedy for that, except to re-tight after hard driving. However, over or under thighting can provoque bolts to loosen.
Here's an example of discussions about lug bolts loosing.
Why do wheel bolts become loose?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I’m sure yo can Google “(Car Brand) wheels falling off” and get hits, so I don’t think that’s a very accurate measure for comparison.

Just sayin’…
Of course. I choosed BMW as a reference because they also use lug bolts instead of lug nuts like the Solterra. This is not a scientific research...
The point is that the problem of loosing bolts seems to be common (with no clear remedy), knowned and "accepted" by either owners and BMW itself.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well, we’re at roughly 2 weeks away before production is scheduled to restart (September 6) on the line that assembles the bZ4x/Solterra models. I would think that if a fix hasn’t already been determined and any necessary components needed to implement the fix haven’t been designed and ordered, then we should be seeing an update to the schedule any day now to add more time for another delay period.

Maybe we should start a pool to see when the line restarts…might be a fun distraction!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Well, we’re at roughly 2 weeks away before production is scheduled to restart (September 6) on the line that assembles the bZ4x/Solterra models. I would think that if a fix hasn’t already been determined and any necessary components needed to implement the fix haven’t been designed and ordered, then we should be seeing an update to the schedule any day now to add more time for another delay period.

Maybe we should start a pool to see when the line restarts…might be a fun distraction!
Assembly line closed through September 6 - hoping for September 7 restart.

I have this page bookmarked!

Toyota Global Newsroom

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 · (Edited)
From Reddit from a customer in Norway. An official email from Toyota Norway....bolded part. Solution by end of October. If they can inform that officially, the fix is in. However, I would be sorely disappointed if Toyota gave priority to the production line restarting and pushing all of the built BZ4X / Solterra units to a later date. Of course, it could be just logistics and time to get the fix into place too.

Dear Customer,

As one of our first bZ4X customers, you have unfortunately experienced that the car is delayed in relation to the delivery schedule we had laid out. This is due to the global recall campaign that you have previously received information about. Quality and safety are at the very core of our strategy, and we will never compromise or launch products that do not meet our quality standards 100%.

We can now inform you that we expect a solution towards the end of October.

We are very sorry for the situation that has arisen and any problems this has caused you. Contact your dealer and seller if you experience challenges during the waiting period with regard to car maintenance.

Sincerely

Toyota Norway AS

·
Registered
254 Posts
I particularly like the last sentence…

Contact your dealer and seller if you experience challenges during the waiting period with regard to car maintenance.

What maintenance would that be, I wonder… on a vehicle Toyota has insisted no one drive until the recall fix has been implemented?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
Curious… if the line restarts next week, I wonder what it’s going to be assembling during that time?

Only MIRAI models?
I suspect the fix is in and parts are ready for the line for all models. I suspect that the paperwork, logistics, etc. have not been put fully into place to repair the already built models though. I really hope that the parts for the already built models have been pre-allocated though.

201 - 220 of 254 Posts