Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The build configurator for the Solterra is up for one of the Subaru Hawaiʻian dealerships:

The only bug I noticed was the Touring two-tone paint ends up double-charged on the invoice.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have heard that Hawaii is technically in the Japanese market so I've been wondering whether they could get the Dark Blue Mica and Solar Roof through some kind of a special order (obviously not available on their configurator, but there is the note: "Additional colors may be available via our dealership"). Too bad flying out and driving back isn't really a viable option.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have heard that Hawaii is technically in the Japanese market so I've been wondering whether they could get the Dark Blue Mica and Solar Roof through some kind of a special order (obviously not available on their configurator, but there is the note: "Additional colors may be available via our dealership"). Too bad flying out and driving back isn't really a viable option.
It cost around $750.00 to ship a car from Hawaii to west coast!

·
Registered
191 Posts
When did the US site start showing up the build configurator? It now shows the pricing and link to check inventory based on Zip codes.
Does this mean that cancelled Solterras can be reconfigured, if they haven't already been built?

I think it is ridiculous that the cargo cover is an option. Every other Subaru gets that by default. A whopping $335 for that cover!

·
Super Moderator
833 Posts
Something weird I noticed is that the configurator doesn't add $890 for the two-tone "option" on the Touring (mandatory on all but white), so the cost of my build comes to $890 less than what I was quoted in April. Also, Harbor Mist Gray Pearl is now listed as available with black StarTex, not just Gray and Blue.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2020 Forester Limited (Spouse)
273 Posts
Be a little patient with the results of build/price this early on. It's pretty much a given that it's not going to be totally accurate at first based on "anecdotal history".

·
Registered
111 Posts
I do wonder how many dealerships are still holding waiting lists. I haven't enquired about cancelations at my dealership.
When I placed my order a month ago they said people had cancelled, and their list was like 15 people. Not sure if that was before or after the cancellations. At first I thought it meant move along. Nope. They took my order and said they will get allocated the car.

Reactions: JayEM
1 - 14 of 14 Posts