Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the solterra warranty "The Battery and Electric Drive Units are covered for 8 years, or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first, with retention of 70% or more of the original battery capacity** over that period."

Ugh!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Unfortunately, the Toyota better battery warranty of 10 years/150,000 miles applies only to the hybrids, not to the bZ4X:

https://assets.sia.toyota.com/publications/en/omms-s/T-MMS-23_bZ4X/pdf/T-MMS-23_bZ4X.pdF

But, silly me, even I thought Toyota was offering 10/150k for the traction battery in the bZ4X.

Read the fine print closely before ordering one from either vendor.

Toyota’s marketing of 90% after 10 years is just marketing, unless someone can point us to a US warranty document.

Disgusted with the warranty.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Unfortunately, the Toyota better battery warranty of 10 years/150,000 miles applies only to the hybrids, not to the bZ4X:

https://assets.sia.toyota.com/publications/en/omms-s/T-MMS-23_bZ4X/pdf/T-MMS-23_bZ4X.pdF

But, silly me, even I thought Toyota was offering 10/150k for the traction battery in the bZ4X.

Read the fine print closely before ordering one from either vendor.

Toyota’s marketing of 90% after 10 years is just marketing, unless someone can point us to a US warranty document.

Disgusted with the warranty.
Toyota called the 10 year 90% aspect a goal… I don’t believe they’re providing such a warranty.

I have heard rumors that Toyota is going to offer some sort of extended warranty for the bz4X that’s good for 70% up to 1m kilometers (622 miles).

·
Registered
176 Posts
Toyota called the 10 year 90% aspect a goal… I don’t believe they’re providing such a warranty.

I have heard rumors that Toyota is going to offer some sort of extended warranty for the bz4X that’s good for 70% up to 1m kilometers (622 miles).
622k miles. Yeah, that’s a nice goal, and I hope that it is realized, even with the batteries shipping on their new vehicles, and not just some goal for better battery pack life sometime in the future.

Thanks for re-focusing my rant into reality.

I am looking forward to my Solterra order being placed soon, but I’m not expecting delivery any time soon.

·
Registered
144 Posts
622k miles. Yeah, that’s a nice goal, and I hope that it is realized, even with the batteries shipping on their new vehicles, and not just some goal for better battery pack life sometime in the future.

Thanks for re-focusing my rant into reality.

I am looking forward to my Solterra order being placed soon, but I’m not expecting delivery any time soon.
I’m thinking this is why there are so many restrictions on how they treat the battery and recommend the owner treat the battery. Apparently, achieving a very long battery lifespan is important to them. If someone just uses the Solterra as a commuter car (slow charging at home and no DCFC), keeps the SoC between 20% and 80%, never attempts to tow anything, etc., those batteries may just end up having a very high capacity after 100k or even 200k miles. It will just come at a cost of lower flexibility.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts