Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a little off topic.

A NYTimes article (Solar Industry ‘Frozen’ as Biden Administration Investigates China) says that the US solar industry is frozen because some pipsqueak solar manufacturer based in high priced Silicon Valley thinks that just maybe China is avoiding tariffs by shipping its solar panels through other SE Asian countries.

As a result, 318 solar panel installation projects have already been delayed or cancelled this year.

As someone who was thinking of adding some solar panels to my roof later this year (to help power my SOLterra) I'm a little peeved that it won't be possible.

What's next? A123 Systems complaining that CATL is dumping lithium ion batteries in the US market, halting the import of all EVs from Asia?

I'm generally in favor of American manufacturing, unless it results in lousy products. But now is not the time to be curtailing the renewable energy projects.

Auxin Solar is acting like all of those Subaru dealerships who are increasing the price of the Solterra. They are taking advantage of the situation.

Auxin Solar's mission statement is to "create American manufacturing jobs." My condolences to all of the people in those 318 cancelled or delayed solar projects who are getting laid off. They should send resumes to Auxin asking for an American manufacturing job.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Actually, it is on topic… I was looking into installing a solar array to help charge my car when I eventually move to EV. I opted out of getting a Solterra, but in a few years I’ll be circling back around to getting a Subaru EV, and I would like to have a nice solar array installed by then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts