Subaru Solterra Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My December delivery date is still December although in reality I expect it sometime next year. I am happy to wait, I look forward to hearing about real world experiences before I make my decision.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My December delivery date is still December although in reality I expect it sometime next year. I am happy to wait, I look forward to hearing about real world experiences before I make my decision.
Similarly, my October delivery is still October. I'm hoping that NHTSA and IIHS have some reviews before my Solterra arrives. I hope that someone, once the recall is lifted, will post on YouTube a review of the headlights when used at night.

·
Registered
202 Posts
...I hope that someone...will post on YouTube a review of the headlights when used at night.
I have had a few vehicles with headlights that cast fairly large shadows in between "beams" of light generated by "revolutionary design" reflectors (in the olden days), so I too have a pet peeve about lighting. I recall seeing a bZ4X video with a couple short scenes at night and the lights looked like they cast separate beams without much overlap, which really concerned me. So that has been in the back of my mind for quite a while. I also could have sworn there was something built in to illuminate left or right when turning, but I haven't been able to find anything in the owner's manual about it. The more I look, the more it seems like I'm losing features over my current vehicles.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I also could have sworn there was something built in to illuminate left or right when turning, but I haven't been able to find anything in the owner's manual about it. The more I look, the more it seems like I'm losing features over my current vehicles.
No steering responsive headlights? Ick! Toyota has had Adaptive Driving Beams since 2011. (On older models, Subaru would turn on the right or left side fog light to provide additional side-wise illumination.)

Note also that the daytime running lights can be turned off. I suppose that makes sense in an electric vehicle that is striving to find a functioning power station, but I wish that was permitted only when the battery is low. My car insurance company is going to enjoy charging me 3% more due to the lack of always-on daytime running lights.

Audi is introducing to the US market what they call 3D matrix LED headlights, aka smart headlights, which allow the car to reduce illumination in specific parts of the roadway. Here's one video that describes it:
. And here's a video that shows how it could be used:
. Pretty cool technology, such as adding 'stop' to the roadway in front of the pedestrian.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I stopped by my local Subaru dealer today - different than the one I ordered the car through.
They told me that their GM is attending the Toyota/Subaru training this week and might bring back some insights into wheelgate.

They were supposed to get three Solterras, one sold to a customer and one as a service loaner just for EV customers. Those are expected in September now - maybe.
But no additional news 😪

·
Registered
117 Posts
That should be interesting, seeing as how the Solterra/bZ4x assembly line is closed for the entire month of August and no remedy for the recalled wheel attachment problem has been announced…

·
Registered
533 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Local dealer replied to my email and had an allocated Ioniq 5 SEL that was unreserved.
AWD or RWD?

I guess I should've tried harder.

I did choose not to buy an EV6 for $5,300 over MSRP (got them down from $7,000). Had no trouble getting those calls and emails returned. At that point the car was about 1 week out, unreserved.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I wish this were true. I’m afraid there will be no deliveries in August or even September.
I'm going all out - noting this year. Since essentially all 230-ish Subaru clone Bz4xs have been recalled (I think almost all in CA) and Toyota is offering a buyback of the affected vehicle, I would say things don't look good for the Solterra. Again - I'm not pessimistic, but if Toyota is buying back the cars, maybe there is no near-term fix for the wheel issue and the wheels and axles need to be re-engineered. If it was just a defective vendor part that could be swapped out, they would not be buying 2 months old cars (as of the time of the recall) that barely have 1,500 miles on them.

Font Parallel Rectangle Paper Screenshot

41 - 60 of 83 Posts