Subaru Solterra Forum banner
21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
“Pretty sad how little the auto manufacturers trust their dealers and have less regard for keeping customers informed.”

I would have thought both Toyota and Subaru would have equipped their dealers with, at a minimum, a document addressing the obvious talking points about the recall and stop-sale of their respective models.

Especially when they’re both entering new automotive territory with their flagship EV model. Just seems like the marketing departments are asleep at the wheel…Not a great confidence builder, IMO.

·
Registered
469 Posts
“Pretty sad how little the auto manufacturers trust their dealers and have less regard for keeping customers informed.”

I would have thought both Toyota and Subaru would have equipped their dealers with, at a minimum, a document addressing the obvious talking points about the recall and stop-sale of their respective models.

Especially when they’re both entering new automotive territory with their flagship EV model. Just seems like the marketing departments are asleep at the wheel…Not a great confidence builder, IMO.
I'm glad they discovered the problem before any Solterras were sold. My delivery estimate is still August.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It would be difficult to argue against doing exactly what Subaru did in the stop-sale decision in NA before delivering any vehicles… it was absolutely the right thing to do.

I‘m just surprised that Subaru hasn’t done more from a PR standpoint with its dealer base to get out in front of the inevitable critical press that seems to be closely following EV models and manufacturers. There’s a void in that space regarding the Solterra at the moment regarding the recall, and unless this little snag with the wheels is quickly rectified, some entity is going to fill it… most likely in a non-positive manner.

Like the saying goes… You only get one chance to make a first impression.

Nevertheless, I’m standing pat on my order for now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My dealer here in northern California has been completely honest with us. They said they have no idea or estimate of when our Solteterra will arrive. They did say their demo Solterra has been delayed from sometime in July to sometime in August. We will all know an approximate arrival time for our Solterras when our confirmed factory order is issued a VIN number. All we can do is be patient. I do wish SOA would be more proactive in reards to keeping us the customers informed as to what the hell they are doing!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm beginning to think that I'll soon be ordering an AWD Tesla.
I did exactly this in mid May. Delivery date window changed from November - February to December - March in mid June. I’m not expecting it anytime before June or July 2023 to be honest. Will see how things go between now and then and decide at delivery time as to whether I accept it and sell the Solterra, presuming I eventually get the Solterra. 🤣🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
533 Posts
Dealer said our early Aug delivery is now Sept and we don’t have a VIN yet. Would like to at least test drive it before making a decision.
The assembly line is shut down until (at least) 7/18.... so (probably) no new VINs are going to be assigned before then.

I was hoping to be able to test-drive a demo car before returning my leased car (8/6) but now I doubt my dealership's demo car will arrive before then (their system is now saying August - was July - but I have my doubts).

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have a VIN and a deposit down. Dealer information said car was to be built 6/18 and now being built 7/18. When it comes in I plan to test drive for a half day and decide.
Did you go in with no reservation and put a deposit down on the dealer's demo car? As far as I know, nobody with a reservation turned into an order with Subaru of America has a VIN.

Does anyone out there that had an original reservation have a VIN?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Our car in Nanaimo BC has been pushed back a month, we should get it in July sometime. I am pleased so many have left the list, as I am firmly on it now. I expect it will be September before we get cars, so I can hope for one for my birthday. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nearly the same info that I got from the dealer here in Sacramento, CA last week, except they feel confident that they’re going to receive their demo Solterra in mid-August, and that my order (second one processed at the dealer - Touring trim) should arrive “before October.” They said they will be able to get me the Vin in mid-August when they get the demo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Motomachi Plant Line #1 shut down for the whole month of August. This line produces BZ4X, Subaru Solterra and Mirai.
My dealer here in Northern California said they are expecting their demo Solterra in late September. My order was originally estimated to arrive in July. So it is looking more like Oct/Nov. Patiently waiting!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Motomachi Plant Line #1 shut down for the whole month of August. This line produces BZ4X, Subaru Solterra and Mirai.
My dealer here in Northern California said they are expecting their demo Solterra in late September. My order was originally estimated to arrive in July. So it is looking more like Oct/Nov. Patiently waiting!!
Sounds like dealerships are as much in the dark on these things as we are. I’ve ordered a Kia EV6 and a Solterra…whichever comes first!

21 - 40 of 83 Posts