Subaru Solterra Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
As the car is offically Smoked Carbon, I have suggested to my wife we call her Carbonara, after the Italian pasta dish from Rome.
Any other alternatives?
Do people still name their vehicles?
Whenever I drive my wife's 2020 Outback with the electronic aids like navigation, voice control, and/or lane keep assist, and it makes a comment to me, I call it Francesca. As in, "I know I crossed the line without signaling. Thank you Francesca". It is a joke with my wife that I always wanted a French maid. She goes along with it, though I'm sure she thinks it is incredible stupid and immature.

Anyway, Carbonara is very clever. I'm wondering if you'll subliminally be hungry every time you drive Carbonara. I love carbonara. Yum.

·
Registered
23 Solterra, 21 RAV4 Prime, 20 GR Supra
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
My wife is a foodie. I am sure she will appreciate the suggestion. The name may not stick.
On the other hand, if it was a testament of my cooking skills, it would most likely stick.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I shall be calling the Solterra 'The little car that just couldn't catch a break'.
Our Saturday delivery is off - indefinitely.
Just 24 hours before I was going to pick up our car, the dealership calls.
The good news is that the car is ready to go - the new bolts have been installed, all the software upgrades and recall notices have been done. It probably has that new-car smell.
BUT....
The dealership is not registered with the federal government to apply the EV rebate. No registration - no $5,000 rebate.
In their defence, the dealership have never delivered an EV before.
The dealership's business office is scrambling to figure out the application process, etc. etc.
They have no idea how long the process will take - days, weeks, months?
SO....
After 10 months or so, this is just another chapter in this sorry saga....
Not the car's fault, mind you, but just another unforeseen hiccup in what should have been a simple transaction.
Stay tuned....

·
Registered
46 Posts
I shall be calling the Solterra 'The little car that just couldn't catch a break'.
The good news is that the car is ready to go - the new bolts have been installed, all the software upgrades and recall notices have been done. It probably has that new-car smell.
BUT....
The dealership is not registered with the federal government to apply the EV rebate. No registration - no $5,000 rebate.
The dealership's business office is scrambling to figure out the application process, etc. etc.
SO....
Not the car's fault, mind you, but just another unforeseen hiccup in what should have been a simple transaction.
Stay tuned....
So sorry to hear that. Hopefully it doesn’t take them too long to get that figured out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
BUT....
SO....
Stay tuned....
Well dang. Hopefully your wait is not much longer. Unlike the food carbonara, your Carbonara won't spoil.

·
Registered
79 Posts
BUT....
SO....
Stay tuned....
Dang… bummer situation for sure, hopefully it is quickly rectified and you get in this thing soon! Good luck, keep us posted.

·
Registered
304 Posts
BUT....
SO....
Stay tuned....
Odd that a dealership would wait until a vehicle was to be delivered before starting to file the paperwork with the government in order to process tax rebates.

Even though it might be the first EV the dealership has sold…It isn’t exactly like they didn’t know it was going to be necessary…

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
"Odd' is a very polite refrain.
Wasn't the first word that popped into my head..but I want to keep it clean.
Again, it's no fault of the vehicle, but 'lucky' wouldn't be word I would associate with it.
It is fortunate that there is a cadre of enthusiasts who are passionate about the brand.
I don't think I would be this forgiving if I had to go through this for some (unmentionable) brands.
Who knows, this might be brief :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Shipping labels on the vehicle show it was shipped early June.
It would have arrived around the middle of the month.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts