Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
23 Solterra, 21 RAV4 Prime, 20 GR Supra
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the call! My wife's Solterra has arrived. It's not clean and none of the updates have been loaded yet, but it is on the ground at the dealership (@ Victoria, B.C).
Delivery by this weekend - hopefully.
The vehicle has been on ice - sitting on some lot gathering dust - since June.
Canadian Luxury package in Carbon.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Got the call! My wife's Solterra has arrived. It's not clean and none of the updates have been loaded yet, but it is on the ground at the dealership (@ Victoria, B.C).
Congratulations! Do you know if they have actually received the bolts yet for the wheel fix? Also, curious if they charged you a markup above MSRP?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bolts are the updated ones.
Haven't been given a date to meet the business manager yet, but no talk of any extra charges so far.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Haven't been given a date to meet the business manager yet, but no talk of any extra charges so far.
Wow. That’s great. Not sure why the other dealers don’t have them. I hope they don’t charge you extra - they (assuming you are dealing with JP) had originally promised me the car at MSRP and then went back on their word and wanted more $. That left a bad taste in my mouth.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Extra charges are not legal in Canada. You should be able to confirm your actual payment with the lease/finance calculator on subaru.ca.
It looks great! I ordered this colour as well but Galactic Black is what arrived first for me For some unknown reason.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Extra charges are not legal in Canada. You should be able to confirm your actual payment with the lease/finance calculator on subaru.ca.
It looks great! I ordered this colour as well but Galactic Black is what arrived first for me For some unknown reason.
Yes, it's a JP store.

Thanks- do you have a source saying it’s illegal for them to charge above msrp? This seems to be pretty common practice in Canada.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Fantastic news congratulations @VICanuck! Hopefully you don't have to wait much longer to take it home.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Congratulations!

Thank you to all the Canadians who have been able to drive the Solterras. Nice to hear what real people say about the car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Delivery date confirmed.
Shall be picking up the car at 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 26.
Only three sleeps to the big day - our early Christmas present.
Woohoo! I wonder if you will be the first private owner Solterra delivery in the Americas? Lucky you. After you get it, please post a bunch so the rest of us can enjoy the experience as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We assume there will be others before us.
It's not a race - it's about all of us seeing the finish line after a loooong run.
The dealership got three cars in total - two Carbon and one Harbour Mist - so there will be two other happy Subie owners as well pretty soon.
So frustrating knowing the cars were in Canada since June.
All forgotten now :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
We assume there will be others before us.
It's not a race - it's about all of us seeing the finish line after a loooong run.
The dealership got three cars in total - two Carbon and one Harbour Mist - so there will be two other happy Subie owners as well pretty soon.
So frustrating knowing the cars were in Canada since June.
All forgotten now :)
:) that’s great that they got three for such a small dealership! I just got word that our wheel fix is done and they are finishing the pdi etc and hopefully will be in the next week that we get ours. I was hoping for Harbour mist or black but unfortunately ours is white but no big deal. Just happy to have one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As the car is offically Smoked Carbon, I have suggested to my wife we call her Carbonara, after the Italian pasta dish from Rome.
Any other alternatives?
Do people still name their vehicles?

·
Super Moderator
833 Posts
As the car is offically Smoked Carbon, I have suggested to my wife we call her Carbonara, after the Italian pasta dish from Rome.
Any other alternatives?
Do people still name their vehicles?
I can't speak to what other people do, but we call ours "your car" and "my car" haha. The first cars we both owned (and named) were real dogs, maybe that's why we stopped the practice?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ha ha haa.
I once bought a Rover - that was a real dog. I salvage the front seats - they were so soft and supple. The rest of the car went to the scrap yard.
But lately, we have had good luck.
The best was a VW Westphalia that my wife called the 'Toaster"

1 - 20 of 32 Posts