Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Perhaps can be retrofitted easily? Any ideas how Toyota based OEM-equipments can be installed later? Perhaps the new part needs to be coded to vehicle?
Not cheap and probably not easily. Folks talk about upgrading the 3.3 kW to 6.6 kW charger on the Prime but the parts alone are $2K+ USD. Can't imagine this 1500W inverter is cheap given how expensive Toyota parts are.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I posted pictures of where the inverter is mounted in a different thread a couple of weeks ago. It has a high voltage DC cable running to it. Orange in the pictures, like all high voltage cables in the bZ4X/Solterra. My hope is also that it can be retrofitted to the Solterra. Likely because the 100V 1500W inverter is mounted in the Japanese domestic market Solterra.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Perhaps can be retrofitted easily?
Whenever I take my impreza in for work, there's always a note saying that installation of non-Subaru parts is potentially warranty voiding. (It first showed up when I came in with an non-Subaru oil filter. I quit using them for oil changes when I got a $90 labor charge for just an oil change, though their prices are more reasonable now.)

So, add some Toyota part, especially to the electrical system, and potentially lose your Subaru battery warranty.

·
Registered
484 Posts
... installation of non-Subaru parts is potentially warranty voiding. (It first showed up when I came in with an non-Subaru oil filter.
That's a scare tactic and is actually illegal. The warranty can't be voided for use of products that meet the manufacturers specifications -- period. Of course they aren't required to warranty any of the non-manufacturer equipment if it takes the place of factory parts, but especially oil and filters are notorious for causing friction (see what I did there) between service departments and customers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts