Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a set of winters 235/55 R20 that was consider selling with the car I am replacing the Solterra with, but will they fit on the Solterra Limited? (speced above as 235/50 R20, assuming that ends up being true).

The speedometer will be off by a bit, and possibly other safety systems will not be tuned for the tire size difference?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have a set of winters 235/55 R20 that was consider selling with the car I am replacing the Solterra with, but will they fit on the Solterra Limited? (speced above as 235/50 R20, assuming that ends up being true).

The speedometer will be off by a bit, and possibly other safety systems will not be tuned for the tire size difference?
Your speedo will under-read by about 3%, 97 @ 100 km/h, but clearance shouldn't be an issue.

416 revolutions per km vs 429 for stock tires.

·
Registered
67 Posts

I spoke with Kaltire about the different profile sizes and he looked it up in their tire for guide and said they are too different to fit.

·
Super Moderator
164 Posts
Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Parallel
In terms of rims, is there a bolt pattern specs or type that I should be looking for when I'm shopping for wheels? It does not need to fancy - I just need to use it for winter tires.
The manual currently only gives sizes like diameter and width of the wheels. No offset or bolt pattern yet. What seems interesting is that this car uses lug bolts instead of lug nuts and studs. Thats more typical of European cars. I don’t think any other modern Subaru or toyota for that matter use wheel lug bolts.
Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Parallel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts