Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I bought mine for a number of reasons, but I need an SUV at this point in my life. As my usual 'get her done' vehicle, my 87 Suzuki Samurai is going to my daughter who needs a 4X4 and my BRZ was useless for anything but a wonderful driving experience, so I bought my Carbon Grey Luxury Solterra.

I had no choice on the Luxury, but I can take it. So its gone to the dump, got rid on my accumulation of garbage, very nice. Wrapped the back in plastic sheet and there is no sign of the garbage. Its gone to recycle with a an old fridge, yup it fit. And today she got water, I can use the ground water my landlord has, but the stuff I get for myself is from a crack 500' down in the rock, at the source of the sweetest spring in the area, is just wonderful.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
You get a review as well. Its a tank. Its heavy, real stiff and has a very low centre of gravity. It has authority because of this. That its rabbit quick when you set Power and goose her, is just amusing. It cruises very well on any highway and handles the twistier roads well. It is almost doing my daily routine now, and with one longer trip to get dope actually, is not a problem for my 120v of BC Hydro's goodness. After charging yesterday after my activities, I was back to 15 hours til charged today, after all my short trips, and its longer than that before I will use it again.

The S Pedal has worked for me, and being able to lose most of your momentum, just by letting off on it, is golden. The brakes are good, very good. They stop the rather heavy car really well, should you need to use them. ;)

Once you find your seating position it is very relaxing to drive around. I can only compare it with my Mark VIII which was very comfortable too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts