Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bit the bullet and purchased the Solterra. It's definitely fun to drive, but it's going to take a bit to figure everything out.

Here's something crazy though, . . . why is my range over 300 miles?

Attachments

· Registered
28 Posts
My Solterra showed 292 mi. range after charging but that number went down rather quickly when driving. There are so many variables, e.g, temperature, that affect range. I think we will individually figure out the reality of the range as we use the car. Personally, I expect to get more than the advertised 221 range because of the way I drive.

· Registered
110 Posts
On p. 81 of the Owner's Manual is the following

Driving range
The driving range displayed on the multi-information display, etc., shows the reference distance that driving is possible, and the actual distance that can be driven may differ from that displayed.

Displayed value

A value for which a sufficient level of driving performance can be provided is estimated based on the remaining charge of the traction battery, the state of the traction battery, the outside temperature, etc., and is displayed on the multi-information display.
------------------------------------
This appears to me to be an honest statement. Please notice the following "reference distance that driving is possible" and " A value ... of driving performance ... is estimated".

It seems clear to me that ALL of us saw numbers of miles and assumed that they were indeed promised. We should not have taken as absolute the numbers given to us. Subaru told us it was a reference of the possible / an estimate of performance. WE were not good readers because we wanted the bigger numbers. Who misled whom?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts