Subaru Solterra Forum banner

🍁 Official Canadian Order Discussion 🍁

84K views 672 replies 57 participants last post by  B C 
#1 ·
Thought I'd create a Canada specific thread since things are lot different up here than they are with our neighbours to the south.

I'm in the Lower Mainland and have my name on 3 lists currently.
  • Boundary Subaru (took a $500 refundable deposit)
  • Pattison Subaru (PoCo) (took no deposit, I am #14 on the list)
  • Wolfe Subaru (took a $500 refundable deposit)
None of the dealerships really had any idea when orders would start, how many they'd be getting, etc. Pattison Subaru thought they'd be getting 30'ish. Since I hope all will be selling for MSRP, I'll be choosing the dealership that gives me the best value for my trade-in. I'm tossed up on lease vs. buy, with this being their first EV it may not be a bad idea to lease for 2-3 years, just in case.

#555 ·
One more sleep until delivery at 1 pm Saturday of my wife's Smoked Carbon car (Luxury trim). Dealer (Jim Pattison Subaru in Victoria, B.C) has two others - another Smoked Carbon and a Harbour Mist. Don't know if one is going to be held back as a demo. Stickers on the car leads me to believe they were built (or shipped) sometime early June. I shall post the VIN as soon as I take delivery.

#561 ·
Welp. Local dealer in Prince George has two cars in and sent out an email inviting people to come look... but, 6-7K markup with some mandatory (I assume) add-ons. Paint protection, minor damage warranty etc.

It is looking less and less likely that the Solterra is the car for me. This version anyway. I don't think it's a 70K car.

#562 ·
Welp. Local dealer in Prince George has two cars in and sent out an email inviting people to come look... but, 6-7K markup with some mandatory (I assume) add-ons. Paint protection, minor damage warranty etc.
Sorry to hear that your dealer is making mandatory add-ons to be $6-7k. My dealership added $400 wheel insurance that everyone must purchase, which was already frustrating.

In the end, we did end up paying $6-7k over the MSRP on the website, but we did get
-7 Year/160k km "bumper-to-bumper" warranty
-windscreen replacement package
-Some accessories - Cargo Cover, Cargo Tray, All Weather Mat, Door bumper.

Yeah, It is a much more expensive car than what I was expecting when we first dropped the deposit.

#568 ·
Finally got to go in, sign the paperwork and get the deal done! Dealer was great to deal with. Picking up tomorrow at 9 am!

Work all day afterwards, but will try to provide photos and insight into the first (second and third) impressions throughout the week! Exciting times!!!

20“ Pirelli Scorpion Winter tires to be installed within a couple of weeks on original rims. Not ideal but will also just enjoy those nice looking wheels all winter I guess. 🤷‍♂️

#569 ·
Finally got to go in, sign the paperwork and get the deal done! Dealer was great to deal with. Picking up tomorrow at 9 am!

Work all day afterwards, but will try to provide photos and insight into the first (second and third) impressions throughout the week! Exciting times!!!

20“ Pirelli Scorpion Winter tires to be installed within a couple of weeks on original rims. Not ideal but will also just enjoy those nice looking wheels all winter I guess. 🤷‍♂️
Awesome. Which dealership if you don't mind asking

#574 ·
If that is the case, he is taking delivery of one of the other two Solterras that arrived at the dealership on Monday - one Carbon and the other Harbour Mist.
Good luck! I was slated to pick mine up at 1 p.m. Saturday.
He will get the same answer as me when he goes to pick up the car - "Sorry, we aren't registered with the Feds to process the $5,000 rebate."(Chances are is that the dealership will call him to give him the bad news)
Now, if he is willing to take delivery without getting the rebate......that's another story.

#590 ·
I have gotten to #12 on our list. This means I get in on the first 12 cars. I will be stuck with a Luxury, hi ho. We are getting 2 batches of 12, or so I believe. Now we have a few out the door, but I may or may not get a car this year. My Sales Manager thinks we might get all 12 by Christmas, but he does not know yet, so he won't say for sure. I bought my BRZ from him, and I like that he does not try to give me false hope.

#591 ·
Went in to see the dealer again. The ones on the lot still not ready for sale. Don't know what the hold-up is and I didn't pry. I am #8 on the list, but they still haven't contacted the ones ahead of me yet. So still a faint chance to get one of the first 4 that are on the lot. I put in my pre-order on Feb 12, and at the time, thought I was at the top of the list. Learned later that there are some ahead of me. Anyway, sales manager said they should know in the next week. So will keep my fingers, and everything else crossed until then.

#603 ·
Can you talk to it? I'm sure you can, but I am interested in what commands it understands and how that seems to work. I can imagine several things that it would nice to be able to just tell the car what to do.

I imagine this will become pretty standard as we go forward. "Set temperature at X". "Lets have X-Mode 3 now". That kind of thing.

#604 ·
Can you talk to it? I'm sure you can, but I am interested in what commands it understands and how that seems to work. I can imagine several things that it would nice to be able to just tell the car what to do.

I imagine this will become pretty standard as we go forward. "Set temperature at X". "Lets have X-Mode 3 now". That kind of thing.
I haven't tried. I have to use the google assistant for messages which recognizes when I respond in English but is unable to switch to French when I want it.

So the subaru one... I have not much hope.

#617 ·
Going tomorrow to drive one and start making a deal. I am #12 and I'm not sure how long it will take to get one, but I should have a better idea after that. I can pay for it, but I'll take some debt. About $200 a month is what I pay for gas, so that much will make little difference. I kinda want to sit on my silver. ;)

I can get 4% for a 2 year term, so I might go with that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.