Subaru Solterra Forum banner
541 - 560 of 588 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #541 ·
Quick question my fellow canucks…

Can anyone on this forum confirm that they have received delivery and are currently driving their Solterra?
My dealership seems to be dragging despite the wheel replacement having happened. Not a big deal, just pretty anxious to get in this thing! It’s been here for weeks now.
Test drives started at one of my dealerships yesterday. Can't comment on any sales.

·
Registered
55 Posts

Can anyone on this forum confirm that they have received delivery and are currently driving their Solterra?
My dealership seems to be dragging despite the wheel replacement having happened. Not a big deal, just pretty anxious to get in this thing! It’s been here for weeks now.
Saw this on FB today, first delivered Solterra for this dealer: Lévis Subaru (French)

·
Registered
46 Posts

Great that your wheels are fixed! Our dealer says they still can’t get the bolts from Subaru.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The dealership I’m dealing with had four of them as of late October. They told me one was for display and second one for demo or test drive. Initially they said two were available for delivery. Three weeks went by and I finally got a call to test drive which was..above average. To be fair I had previously owned two BEV and so I may be biased. In summary the ride was comfortable and it was roomy enough to accommodate four average sized adults. Interior quality was not good. Hard plastics were used around cup holders and that greyish cloth material around dash and vents were something out of my dads 1990s Oldsmobile cutlass lol. In summary it’s got enough dynamism, spacious and has non offensive design. Interior leaves a lot to be desired however and isn't even close to 60k price category. After the test drive the sales rel said they now have only one vehicle for delivery and didn't know when they would be delivered. I'm not quite sure what to make of this. Highly sought after brand new cars sitting in the dealers lot for nearly a month with no expected delivery date. What a world we live in eh

·
Registered
13 Posts
After going through all the specs this looks like confirmation for what you get by going up to the Technology package over the Luxury
  • Tonneau cover
  • Interior ambient lighting
  • Smart (digital) rearview mirror
  • Hood accent is gloss black
  • Panoramic fixed glass roof with retractable shade
  • Window trim is chrome on single-tone paint colours (black trim on two-tone paint colours)
  • Rearview camera with dynamic guide lines AND rear washer (the rear washer is the addition)
I noticed it doesn't actually say ventilated seats anywhere on the specs page. I really hope they didn't decide to eliminate that feature for Canada.
I'll have to confirm with my dealer if the tech package car they have has it or not.
I missed the fact you noted. The disappearance of ventilated seats in the tech package was pretty recent, I'd say. TOO BAD!

·
Super Moderator
833 Posts
The dealership I’m dealing with had four of them as of late October. They told me one was for display and second one for demo or test drive. Initially they said two were available for delivery.

After the test drive the sales rel said they now have only one vehicle for delivery and didn't know when they would be delivered. I'm not quite sure what to make of this. Highly sought after brand new cars sitting in the dealers lot for nearly a month with no expected delivery date. What a world we live in eh
That is really odd. You'd think they'd want to book the sale and get the revenue. I wonder what's going on?

·
Super Moderator
284 Posts
I missed the fact you noted. The disappearance of ventilated seats in the tech package was pretty recent, I'd say. TOO BAD!
I was able to find it in the interior features section of the Solterra page. But it’s not listed in the actual specifications page which is weird. Subaru is usually really good at breaking down all the different specs when comparing trims. They must have missed that one. Or this features page is wrong and they removed the feature for Canada. But I’m pretty sure the tech package one I sat in at the dealer had them.
Leg Product Comfort Font Thigh

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was able to find it in the interior features section of the Solterra page. But it’s not listed in the actual specifications page which is weird. Subaru is usually really good at breaking down all the different specs when comparing trims. They must have missed that one. Or this features page is wrong and they removed the feature for Canada. But I’m pretty sure the tech package one I sat in at the dealer had them.
View attachment 1305
It’s also on the build and price Subaru dot ca trim package upgrade features when you go from lux to tech.
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
23 Solterra, 21 RAV4 Prime, 20 GR Supra
28 Posts
One more sleep until delivery at 1 pm Saturday of my wife's Smoked Carbon car (Luxury trim). Dealer (Jim Pattison Subaru in Victoria, B.C) has two others - another Smoked Carbon and a Harbour Mist. Don't know if one is going to be held back as a demo. Stickers on the car leads me to believe they were built (or shipped) sometime early June. I shall post the VIN as soon as I take delivery.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Another information from Facebook, this is a Quebec Owner and he said all heating stuff (mirror, seats, windshield, etc..) were ON and drive for fun (hard accelerations)
Font Gadget Electronic device Multimedia Clock

Also another owner did 252km @ -2C mostly highway, had 12km remaining. So again, about 30/31 kWh

·
Super Moderator
284 Posts
I don’t think Subaru Canada media department that makes the videos for Canada YouTube channel know what features comes with the Solterra.
At 1:35 is says it has Radiant Foot and Leg Warmers. I am 99.9% certain that is incorrect and that feature only exists on the bZ4X.

541 - 560 of 588 Posts