Subaru Solterra Forum banner
301 - 320 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Yes, but I heard once or twice in the reviews of the bZ4X and Solterra that the H/K sounds a little bit better.
I'm sure you're right. The HK we had in our first Outback, a 2011, was way better than anything we had experienced up to that point. The HK in my i3 is pretty good, but now that I'm officially "hearing impaired" nothing sounds as good as I remember it - especially when road noise and active noise canceling factor into the mix. That said, I've never used a JBL in-car system, so I have nothing to compare to (and if it's not essentially the same car interior, it's a questionable comparison anyway).

·
Registered
Vancouver, 2018 Crosstrek Limited
285 Posts
45/50/55 would have been very likely, until the federal government decided to increase the maximum price limit of admissible cars ( :mad: still..).
Now, I guess 50/55/60 is more likely. We'll see, maybe, someday.....
Yes, I wish they would have left the old thresholds in place. The consumer gets no benefit, just the manufacturers.

·
Super Moderator
164 Posts
I called my dealer in Montreal. Still nothing official. They have training on September 20th and may have more news then. It was suggested only the top two trims might be made available.
Correct. I was informed by my dealer that only the Luxury and Technology trim cars were available to order at the moment (at launch). Very few (if any) base models will be arriving when they finally start shipping them

·
Super Moderator
164 Posts
Reached out to my sales manager (friend of mine). There has been zero update from Subaru Canada to the dealership he is at.
however, he is seeing some more info the back ground systems for registrations and stuff he said. One thing he noted that he found interesting was that he has 6 on official dealer order for inventory for his dealership (southern Ontario). 4 of them have a note in the system that says “production delay” but 2 of those do not (one of those 2 is mine). However, he said he doesn’t have a VIN for any of them yet and it will likely be earliest December at this point. Small chance November. Very small chance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got an email from my dealer proactively asking me if I wanted to start the deposit refund / order cancellation process due to the lack of information. I’m still mulling it over. Thoughts from the group?
If you can wait, just wait. Im still hoping a surprise from Subaru "hey finally we are going with the Panasonic battery and better on board charger" haha

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #316 ·
Any chance of a screen shot? I dont have fb
Here is a copy/paste.

###

Solterra Update! Subaru’s first Electric Vehicle! 🔋

7 Solterra’s have been ordered and allocated by Subaru Canada – no ETA yet regarding build and arrival. Hopefully, we will have information on this in the coming months.

7 additional Solterra’s have been sold and ordered, but still awaiting allocation. ETA estimate is end of year 2022, but this is only an estimate/ best dealer guess.

Estimated price range is between high $50,000 to high $60,000 range. We have only been able to order Luxury and Tech Packages – zero allocation for Premium Package (entry). Yes, we have been told it will qualify for the Canadian EV Federal Rebate. This will come off of the bill of sale at time of purchase. When programs are released, we are estimating rates in the 6% range – lower for shorter terms.

Solterra orders placed today, we are hoping to be able to fill by next summer (hopefully earlier if production ramps up). We have all model and spec information. We have all charger spec information.

2 of our Sales team members have attended the Subaru Solterra training and are our Solterra experts!

Our Subaru Techs have attended the Subaru Solterra training as well and ready as soon as they hit. Our dealership has had 3 charging stations installed with all needed equipment on hand ready to go! We will have more to share as soon we hear anything else!

Thank you for your patience on this major Subaru release! It will be worth the wait! ✅

·
Registered
40 Posts
$63 before dealer add ons/tax sure but if they mean something like 69k plus dealer addons/tax then that is audi money and no matter which way you cut it, an extra inch of ground clearance won’t make up for everything else vs audi on the day to day although the subaru does look much better imo. I have no doubt they will still sell them all.

·
Super Moderator
164 Posts
$63 before dealer add ons/tax sure but if they mean something like 69k plus dealer addons/tax then that is audi money and no matter which way you cut it, an extra inch of ground clearance won’t make up for everything else vs audi on the day to day although the subaru does look much better imo. I have no doubt they will still sell them all.
Totally agree.

301 - 320 of 325 Posts