Subaru Solterra Forum banner
261 - 280 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I appreciate that it's intended with humour.

That being said, our family's most recent cars have been Lexus, Kia & Chevrolet. Most recent JD Power seems to indicate those 3 brands may have good quality: Car Ratings and Awards | J.D. Power Awards and Ratings
You mean the manufacturers that paid the most bribe money to JD power. Giving ford,Buick, chev, and Kia top picks makes me wonder just a tiny bit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got an email from my dealer, looks like there won’t be any updates on delivery or pricing until mid-August at the earliest. I get the delay on delivery dates, but as far as I can see, Canada is the only country that hasn’t released pricing yet. :mad:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Update from my local dealer Facebook page today:

🚨2023 Solterra UPDATE🚨:

Heads up! We want to keep our customer base informed with what we know and the latest news on the 2023 Solterra release!

Yes, we were expecting to receive the first Solterra orders this summer. But due to the production hold at the manufacturing facility extension for all of July and August, the earliest we will now see the first sold Solterra’s will be approximately in September. More news to follow as it becomes available. This is a major release for Subaru and its first offering in a competitive EV market, and Subaru, in Subaru fashion, wants to make sure the vehicle is perfect, safe, and done right from vehicle 1 hitting the road! Please get in touch with our dealership Sales team or your Sales Consultant for further information.

At (dealer name here), we have 15 sold Solterra orders at this time; of the 15, we have been able to order 7, so 7 are in queue to be built! This is good news! We are still accepting orders and have much of the information one would need to place an order with us confidently. No, we will not have one to test drive, but we will provide you with everything possible to make an informed decision!

More to come, and thank you to those who have placed orders with us. We can promise you that this vehicle will be worth the wait!⭐🙌

·
Registered
113 Posts

🚨2023 Solterra UPDATE🚨:

Heads up! We want to keep our customer base informed with what we know and the latest news on the 2023 Solterra release!

Yes, we were expecting to receive the first Solterra orders this summer. But due to the production hold at the manufacturing facility extension for all of July and August, the earliest we will now see the first sold Solterra’s will be approximately in September. More news to follow as it becomes available. This is a major release for Subaru and its first offering in a competitive EV market, and Subaru, in Subaru fashion, wants to make sure the vehicle is perfect, safe, and done right from vehicle 1 hitting the road! Please get in touch with our dealership Sales team or your Sales Consultant for further information.

At (dealer name here), we have 15 sold Solterra orders at this time; of the 15, we have been able to order 7, so 7 are in queue to be built! This is good news! We are still accepting orders and have much of the information one would need to place an order with us confidently. No, we will not have one to test drive, but we will provide you with everything possible to make an informed decision!

More to come, and thank you to those who have placed orders with us. We can promise you that this vehicle will be worth the wait!⭐🙌
I got an e-mail with a similar message from my dealer a couple of days ago.

"I'm back from our Subaru National Convention, right now they have let us know that it's being researched right now and they will be coming up with a remedy soon before the vehicle ships. They are working diligently and are confident they will have a fix soon. Subaru wants to make sure you get a safe car right from the start so they and us express our gratitude for your patience with this issue. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions. Have a great week."

·
Registered
25 Posts

🚨2023 Solterra UPDATE🚨:

I saw a similar (or same post?) from Niagara Subaru I think. I wonder if the 15 sold are allocation or also includes reservations

·
Registered
142 Posts
No, we will not have one to test drive, but we will provide you with everything possible to make an informed decision!
I've seen several people here saying that they'll take a test drive in their Solterra before purchasing it. Does the above statement mean that future owners will not be able to test drive their vehicles before purchase?

·
Registered
533 Posts
I've seen several people here saying that they'll take a test drive in their Solterra before purchasing it. Does the above statement mean that future owners will not be able to test drive their vehicles before purchase?
No, I believe it's referring to the dealerships not having any demo cars (for the foreseeable future) for people to test drive before ordering.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I saw a similar (or same post?) from Niagara Subaru I think. I wonder if the 15 sold are allocation or also includes reservations
yeah this is from my local dealer Subaru of Niagara. The admins in the Facebook group deleted it as self promotion or something. Even though I do not work for them. I thought it was valuable info, they see otherwise the dumb dumbs. So I removed the name from the post here cause I didn’t know how the admins from this forum would feel.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The sales manager is a good friend of mine. The 15 sold are reservations with the dealer (a deposit placed right with the dealer). This is Niagara Canada, we don’t have an online reservation system. Mine was number 2 or 3, my order was placed already. Hopefully I’ll be a September or October delivery 🤞

·
Registered
46 Posts
The sales manager is a good friend of mine. The 15 sold are reservations with the dealer (a deposit placed right with the dealer). This is Niagara Canada, we don’t have an online reservation system. Mine was number 2 or 3, my order was placed already. Hopefully I’ll be a September or October delivery 🤞
I was first with my dealer in NB. My car is sitting in Montreal awaiting a fix. Disheartening to have this launch be such a disaster. I’m. Of expecting these to get into hands of consumers anytime before late fall at the earliest.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Beside awaiting for a fix, why are we still waiting for pricing? I have a feeling the pricing won't justify all the issues and charging concern. Beside, I want the harbour mist, but is not available until next year. I ordered the smoke carbon. Not too sure I still want it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Beside awaiting for a fix, why are we still waiting for pricing? I have a feeling the pricing won't justify all the issues and charging concern. Beside, I want the harbour mist, but is not available until next year. I ordered the smoke carbon. Not too sure I still want it.
When I had to submit my order back in April, Harbour Mist with the two-tone black roof WAS available on the Tech package only (harbour mist was not available on luxury package). Which was my first choice of colour. But you could only get it with the blue/grey interior which I did not want. So I went with the Platinum white two-tone with black interior.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, same confirmation from dealer in the Prairies that the Solterra is being held at port waiting for the fix from the recall. However, given how things have developed on Toyota side in the US (offered buyback vs $5000 credit + loaner vehicle + reimbursement for gas etc), I'm doubtful that the vehicle will be fixed and arrive at the dealer and ready to be delivered by the end of the month. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
Vancouver, 2018 Crosstrek Limited
266 Posts
Dropped into my local dealer yesterday. As expected, they don't know anything more about delivery times or pricing. I asked him (sales manager) whether anyone is dropping out due to the delays, and higher financing costs. On the contrary, he said his pre-order list is now over 100. I am #7. He does expect some people to drop out once pricing is announced. That will likely be higher than what people were expecting. Also, most pre-order customers are current Subaru owners loyal to the brand. Sounds similar to people on this forum.

261 - 280 of 286 Posts