Subaru Solterra Forum banner
241 - 260 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone heard anything since the factory closure? I’m curious about those last month who got word from their dealers that their cars had landed in Canada and were on the way.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Has anyone heard anything since the factory closure? I’m curious about those last month who got word from their dealers that their cars had landed in Canada and were on the way.
Recall happened 24 hrs after I was told my car was in Montreal and was set to arrive at the dealer within a week. The plan then was to have it roped off and on display in the showroom until Canadian pricing was announced and then I could take possession.

This week I was told there has been no update and that dealerships have been told to stop taking pre orders on the Solterra.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Recall happened 24 hrs after I was told my car was in Montreal and was set to arrive at the dealer within a week. The plan then was to have it roped off and on display in the showroom until Canadian pricing was announced and then I could take possession.

This week I was told there has been no update and that dealerships have been told to stop taking pre orders on the Solterra.
At this point I suspect we’ll never get these cars, and they will never release pricing. Put a deposit down on an ID4 as a backup plan.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The joy of ordering new cars continue.
Nov 2021 - Put down deposit for a GT4, initial estimate max 6 mo for an allocation, has not gotten an allocation yet.
Nov 2021 - Negotiated a deal on a Golf R, the dealer has ghosted me since Apr, and not confident that it will arrive until next year
Dec 2021 - Put a deposit down for a Sienna, estimate 6 mo for delivery, has just been told in late Jun that they finally received allocation, and likely delivery after Oct 2022
Mar 2022 - Put down deposit for Solterra, target Jul - Sep, we all know what is happening here
May 2022 - Learned my lesson, put down a deposit for a WRX with the condition if dealer has a VIN, actually got it Jun 2022!

·
Registered
113 Posts
At this point I suspect we’ll never get these cars, and they will never release pricing. Put a deposit down on an ID4 as a backup plan.
I’m going for the ID4 as well.

Kinda bothered that Toyota would screw up on something as mundane as the wheels. If those are not engineered properly and they are literally just bolts/studs, that doesn’t bode well for the more complex stuff
In the car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ordered a Model Y long range back in May as a placeholder because I was getting so what cold feet with some of the Solterras shortcomings. Estimated delivery is December-March, but I suspect that will change.

·
Registered
150 Posts

So, it never made it to the dealership?

·
Registered
23 Posts
So, it never made it to the dealership?
Mine was also supposed to be at the dealer by now, but I suspect they will hold them at the tail yard or wherever they keep them until recall can be addressed. I was thinking of driving past the dealership this week just to see if they have it stashed in the back of the lot

·
Registered
5 Posts

Thanks for sharing. I’m getting a little annoyed at the lack of transparency on Subaru’s end. If the Solterra doesn’t end up being priced aggressively, I might try to squeeze another year out of my current car and see what the Chevy Equinox EV has to offer.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I’m going for the ID4 as well.

Kinda bothered that Toyota would screw up on something as mundane as the wheels. If those are not engineered properly and they are literally just bolts/studs, that doesn’t bode well for the more complex stuff
In the car.
You're jumping to conclusions. The bolts could be from a supplier and possibly a bad batch or wrong alloy or something. We don't know yet and it's not something they caught internally, it was because of a public instance. So it will take time for them to do a full investigation and fix. I also suspect they are using this recall to also work on things like a software update for their charging curve or to resolve any other software bugs that early reviewers might have given them feedback on with the early production prototypes.

·
Registered
126 Posts
correct. Currently being held in Montreal
Yeah my dealer told me that no car will be delivered to a dealer in Canada until everything is resolved with this recall. They are all being held at port or storage location until then. They can't risk delivering them to a dealer (even if the dealer promises to rope it off for display only and not drive it). Can't trust those silly dealers haha

241 - 260 of 286 Posts