Subaru Solterra Forum banner
221 - 240 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do I read it well? They have literally just translated the spec sheet without checking? Charging port is on driver's side, not passenger's. (In Japan/GB will be passenger side as they are driving on the left)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Do I read it well? They have literally just translated the spec sheet without checking? Charging port is on driver's side, not passenger's. (In Japan/GB will be passenger side as they are driving on the left)
In Japan the cars get 2 charge ports. Regular L2/AC on one side, L3/DC (CHAdeMO) on the other. Not sure which is on which side.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Shame no headlight washers. Kind of a big issue in canada with the spray in winter. Add on to that lights that dont heat up to melt off snow (im assuming they are led but I didnt check specs to be fair)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
Shame no headlight washers. Kind of a big issue in canada with the spray in winter. Add on to that lights that dont heat up to melt off snow (im assuming they are led but I didnt check specs to be fair)
I don't really see this as a big issue. How many vehicles (that aren't high end luxury) actually have this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't really see this as a big issue. How many vehicles (that aren't high end luxury) actually have this?
Agree, I’ve never had headlight washers and it never been an issue for me. My wintertime concern is the charge speed. It already going to be slower than any of its competitors in Autumn / Spring / Summer. Might be a deal breaker. I’ll wait for final pricing before asking for my deposit back though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
Agree, I’ve never had headlight washers and it never been an issue for me. My wintertime concern is the charge speed. It already going to be slower than any of its competitors in Autumn / Spring / Summer. Might be a deal breaker. I’ll wait for final pricing before asking for my deposit back though.
We're in the same boat. I'll likely back out of my deposits as I assume the price will be too high for the deficiencies.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Talked with my sales representative in GTA. Still no prices. It seems that now it is an issue with lease/financing provider. With the new interest rates it might be interesting. There is good news as well - there will be 2 Solterra's per month at our dealership (instead of 1). Of course I mentioned the recall - apparently at the Blue Mountain Subaru's "Learn and drive" they had to stop driving Solterra's. It's now Subaru's "Learn and don't drive" ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
No need to name a specific dealer, but where are you located? This seems terribly low order counts for a new vehicle.
Months ago a dealer in Quebec told me they were getting 2 a month this autumn and if I ordered with them I could expect my Solterra in 2024. One new Brunswick dealer told me the other day they may get their first Solterra this December - or maybe not until later. Expectations seem to have worsened over recent months.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That might be the case for the Bz4x, but not for the Solterra.
Correct. Solterra is available in all provinces immediately from my understanding. My dealer in southern Ontario was expecting their first customer delivery in July (mine is supposed to be august), but now with the recall it has probably changed.
They are expecting 1-2 per month once the deliveries start and they have 15 reservations.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any idea of how the cars will distributed among all the dealers in Canada? I am on the waiting list of my dealer since last november (15th on the list) and told me also he should receive 1-2 cars per month. That means I may get my car somewhere early next year. @Ducatist, for how long you are on the waiting list for having your car in August?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Any idea of how the cars will distributed among all the dealers in Canada? I am on the waiting list of my dealer since last november (15th on the list) and told me also he should receive 1-2 cars per month. That means I may get my car somewhere early next year. @Ducatist, for how long you are on the waiting list for having your car in August?
The recall could impact that 1-2 cars per month.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was the 2nd person on the list. My car was ordered in April (I had to give my trim and colour to them then). They are only allowed to place an order for 1 Solterra per month as part of their inventory orders every month (my dealer places all their inventory orders the first week of every month, and only 1 of those cars can be a Solterra). Thats the process they have to follow according to my dealer. And they suspect that initially they will only get 1 solterra delivered per month, but once production starts ramping to full capacity, they could start seeing 2 arrive per month.

221 - 240 of 242 Posts