Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd create a Canada specific thread since things are lot different up here than they are with our neighbours to the south.

I'm in the Lower Mainland and have my name on 3 lists currently.
  • Boundary Subaru (took a $500 refundable deposit)
  • Pattison Subaru (PoCo) (took no deposit, I am #14 on the list)
  • Wolfe Subaru (took a $500 refundable deposit)
None of the dealerships really had any idea when orders would start, how many they'd be getting, etc. Pattison Subaru thought they'd be getting 30'ish. Since I hope all will be selling for MSRP, I'll be choosing the dealership that gives me the best value for my trade-in. I'm tossed up on lease vs. buy, with this being their first EV it may not be a bad idea to lease for 2-3 years, just in case.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I put a 500$ deposit at Subaru Laval (Montreal) back on November 9. I was told to be #12 on the list. Dunno if that's true or not. There's always the risk of the dealer friends to bypass the line...
In the meantime, I've also pre-ordered an Ariya e-4orce.

·
Registered
Vancouver, 2018 Crosstrek Limited
282 Posts
Both my son and I have pre-orders in with Wolfe. Will have to see final details and pricing before deciding to go through with it. And upon delivery a test drive before a final decision.

I also have pre-orders in at 3 Hyundai dealers for the Ioniq 5 Ultimate.

I currently own a Kona EV and a Crosstrek. My son has a Tesla and a Forester. We are interested in the Solterra because of its off-road capabilities (we're hoping), and then we would each be 2 EV owners, no ICE cars.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I put in a deposit at Nanaimo Subaru about 3 weeks ago. Same - $500
I put a 500$ deposit at Subaru Laval (Montreal) back on November 9. I was told to be #12 on the list. Dunno if that's true or not. There's always the risk of the dealer friends to bypass the line...
In the meantime, I've also pre-ordered an Ariya e-4orce.
Welcome to the forum guys! How are you looking to spec your Solterras?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Told I’m first in line for my local Subaru (east coast). Great relationship with the dealership and this will be our 4th purchase with them.

They‘ve been told to expect 9 Solterras this year. My plan is to go with the top trim level in Carbon Grey (or maybe black) and will lease (3 years) to see what happens with battery tech in the coming 3 years.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Told I’m first in line for my local Subaru (east coast). Great relationship with the dealership and this will be our 4th purchase with them.

They‘ve been told to expect 9 Solterras this year. My plan is to go with the top trim level in Carbon Grey (or maybe black) and will lease (3 years) to see what happens with battery tech in the coming 3 years.
Agreed - I think we'll 2-3 year lease since I have a feeling battery tech will really improve shortly here.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Can I ask where are you in the East Coast (province?). What dealership are you ordering from?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
164 Posts
First on the list at my local dealer in southern Ontario. My friend is the sales manager and no more info has been made available yet in Canada. I emailed Subaru corporate and they said Canada will not be doing an online reservation system like the US. So anyone interested, get to your dealers!

·
Registered
17 Posts
The first page is the base model specs and there is a luxury and a technology package. I don’t have pricing info I just put my guess based on VW ID 4 pricing. I found all the driving assist systems interesting and would like to know more about them.

1 - 20 of 322 Posts